Task One: Female Entries

D1F- Elefana Mayhem

"Hello Elefana," I'm greeted as a walk through a stainless steel door. Inside the small door, the room look much bigger than it does from the outside. Inside is a beautiful sound stage with two fluffy chairs in the middle and to the side, a whole camera and sound crew.

"Oh please, call me Effie." I blurt out, almost mentioning that I hate my real name and I hate anyone who uses it.

"Well alright then. Effie it is. My name is Cadence Canetti and I'm going to be asking you some question today. Will that be alright?"

"That sure would be." She motions me over to one of the fluffy chairs and I sit down and she sits in the adjacent one.

"Allright. Let's start off with this question," she motions to the cameras and a big light turns on, "What do you think would happen to the world if you weren't born?" she asks the question like were old friends who are just catching up.

"Well a great injustice would be done." I say

"Well would you look at that. She's not just beauty. She's also a jokester." Cadence says to the camera as if that was one of the funniest things she's ever heard in her life.

"I'm serious." I say stone cold, and Cadence stops her chuckling

"Well um... On to the next question, shall we? How would your family and friends be without you?"

"To be frank, I think all of my friends would be fine without me, which is something that I hate to except. The only thing people care about from our district is money and training for the games. They might see it as a good thing that I'm gone and out of their way. As for my family, I don't think they could function without me. I'm the oldest in the family and I usually do all the work which is always a pain in the ass."

"Oh. a feisty one. Watch out boys. Effie wins these games,she's coming for you, and she doesn't play around." I give a slight smile, hoping people don't see the annoyance for Cadence behind my eyes. Does she have to make a comment on everything I say?

"Question number three. Do you think you are a contender in these games?"

"Well of course I am, I was taken aback from how rude she was. How dare she even think that I wouldn't win these games. I've been training my whole life for this, "How dare you even think that I'm weak and frail and I wouldn't win this."

"Oh, well, I was just following my cue cards. I didn't mean to offend you." Cadence says with no genuine tone, so I know she's not actually apologizing and she's just doing it for the camera.

"Can we move on to the next question?" I give a slight nod, " Okay, question number four. What are your biggest fears?"

"Are the other tributes watching this? Are you trying for them to get an advantage over me?"

"Oh no. Of course the other tributes are watching this. The only people who watch this are the people in the districts. We would never want someone to have an advantage this early in the game."

"Well alright then." I say still wary " I think my biggest fear is losing anyone I love." I think back to the day that we lost Aaron. I could feel the tears start to well up in my eyes and I quickly pushed them away.

"Do you have any other fears that you would like to share?"

"Oh, yes. I have a giant fear of spiders.Blech"

"Oh. You mean like that big spider on your shoulder?" I look over to my shoulder and I lose it. I start swatting away when I hear Cadence's evil laugh