Task Six: Over Again

Welcome to the Quarter Finals.

Gazette and Thaila both were very proud with what the batch of tributes has done so far. They have survived the Bloodbath, the ferocious mutt Kasely, each other, and then a violent hallucination. Or many hallucinations, it all depended on the tribute.

Yes, they have survived all of those things...separately, Gazette thinks. She diminishes the thought. No, it would be an over-kill to have them do all those things at once.

She's quite correct; the Victor would be claimed instantly. That would be very bad considering the fact that the games have only been going on for about a week. A little less but time hardly matters in the arena.

But what if we could go back to the beginning? Not all of it of course, just the very beginning of the Games. What a twist.

"Thalia," Gazette calls from her study, "Please escort yourself into my office. I'd like a word with you." Thalia obliges and enters Gazette's private office.

"Yes?" Thalia responds and Gazette tells her the little idea. Eagerness flows out of Thaila. Pride pumps through Gazette's body.

Pride and eagerness, they are not the death of me, Gazette thinks, but they might become the death of some.

That someone is you.

~

Your tribute has finally awoken. They lay on top of their pedestal when the sun gleams on their face. There are multiple flaws on your body: rashes, crusty burns, infected wounds, blotchy skin, and bloody gashes. They weren't there before.

All the tributes are there although none passed you on your short trip. A speaker highlights the voice of Thaila. She is forcing you to the Feast. "You all need something, if you haven't noticed," she giggles, "Oh, and by the way Majory Redrail and Jade-Grace Rojas have perished. It's so sad!" She laughs again as she hands the mic back to Gazette.

"In all you past obstacles, you have been gathered but you haven't been allowed to kill each other seeing as we would kill you. This is your chance to do that, your chance to kill all those you wish. May the odds be ever your favor." The second countdown begins...

The Task:

This task is pretty straightforward. This is the Feast task, also known as the Second Bloodbath. Like before the Bloodbath, your tribute will rise from their pedestal, as if the Games have begun all over again. You can write about the countdown if you'd like. You are to get whatever medicine (not weapons) you desire to threat whatever you have on your body. Really, there are a range of wounds. Kill anyone you must to get to that medicine, because remember: you aren't the only one that is hurt.

Kills:

There will be two entry kills along with two ballots. Five will be up for votes with four of you dying and only one moving on.

Word Limit: 2, 500 words.

Due: September 21st, at 3 pm PDT.

After this task, we will be in Semi-finals. From the eight of you left, only half will move up to the next task.