Task Five: Violent Dreams

Enough is enough, you think as you settle down. The Gamemakers haven't let you have a single break. Not a single moment to relax and explore the beautiful city. A shame really. The glorious streets are so inviting, technically. All the buildings are still closed. Except for one...

As you begin to explore the city, the anthem rings and the deceased tributes are shown in the evening sky.

Holland Lennox (D1M), Ashlar Quentin (D2F), Lacey Anthis (D8F), and Millie Pierce (D11F). 

There's only ten of you left. Two more gone and you'll be in the final eight.

Your life has too much drama and you decide you need some comedy. But where in the arena can you get this? The only thing that could be remotely funny is chasing someone who has had it out for you. But that seems unlikely.

Your little joinery ends as you reach a small building. Monteverdi Movie Theatre, it reads. Now Playing: Violent Dreams, a cynical comedy. Violent Dreams for a title of a comedy? How weird. Either way, you enter in hopes of some entertainment or maybe a place to nap.

You travel up a small flight of stairs and reach concession stand; it is pathetically empty and barren. You move to your left, enter a room and chose a seat in all the aisles.

After five minutes of waiting and getting comfortable, the theatre darkens and the screen gives off an eerie black and white glow. The film begins.

The beginning of the film is tedious, but as time passes it becomes quite funny...something about a man and a monkey, a traveling companion. The monkey encourages the man that he can be part of the circus. As the movie goes on, you see strange things: the animals in the circus are played by humans, kids to be exact. You recognize them, they are the tributes that have passed away. And the circus leaders, they are the Gamemakers. This is the Game within the Games. It's disgusting.

You seem to be physically glued to your seat when the movie finishes. The black and white glow reappears and the voice of Gazette comes out of the multiple speakers: "We hope you've enjoyed our very special presentation. Goodnight, and may your dreams bring you happiness."

You're eyes are unblinking as the screen seems to be shrinking until it is a miniscule dot. Suddenly, a bust of light springs out and knocks you unconscious. Vivid dream after vivid dream passes.

Goodnight.

The Task:

This is the hallucination task. Just like with Katniss and the tracker jackers, the vividness of the dreams almost kills you. We want to see your absolute fears. The ones that will lead you into oblivion. You can try the "nothing-scares-me" tactic, but two things are certain: we will not be interested and your score will be miniscule. Have a range of fears, not just drowning and the ocean's sea creatures, but something like failing a test or accidently killing someone. Make this as vivid as possible. We want to see your nightmare, not read it.

A Note:

You are not with your alliance for this task. When your tribute wakes up, have them walk to the Cornucopia. They will pass no other tributes on the way there. As they reach their old pedestal, knock them out again. It will all become evident in the next task.

Kills:

There will be no entry kills, but there will be seven ballot deaths per person. Five will be up for votes with two dying and three moving on to the Quarter Finals.

Word Limit: 2,250 words.

Due: September 9th at six pm, PDT.

After this task, we will hit Quarter Finals. Good luck to the remaining ten.