Chapter Eighty-Eight Christine Collins

Christine Collins

    When Anna left that terrifying stranger's house, her mother breathed a sigh of relief and opened her laptop on her knees, staring at the last email Anna had sent her. Mrs. Collins reluctantly and painfully began to read this email over and over:
Mother, you know very well how important this matter was and is to me. You told me this painful story, please answer this last and most important question for me; You said the fire that night was intentional, you said that my father's half-brother, Josh, did this to my family; Please tell me that person is still alive? Just give me his name, just that.
    Mrs. Collins said aloud to Josh: "What should I do? I want to tell him his name and also tell him he's alive."
    Mr. Collins put aside the newspaper he was reading and looked at Christine with surprise and worry; He said: "Please don't do this with Anna; Anna has changed, her constant smile has faded. Although she tries very hard not to be like this, she can't fool herself, she's depressed. I think it's true that she's a musician, but now she feels hatred for the first time and because she's emotional, she can do any dangerous and foolish thing."
    "What are you saying? But she's a woman!"
    "Why are you so surprised, do men do all the bad and criminal things in the world?!"
    "Except for you, because you couldn't save the world from a madman."
    Mr. Collins said: "He's not a madman at all." Then he said: "You know why I couldn't do that because Peter's life was in danger."
   Christine sighed sadly and said: "I'm very worried."
   Josh sat next to Christine and said: "Don't worry about anything."
   "Don't mÀake me angry, didn't you see him?! He's back here and it's a real nightmare."
   Josh looked into Christine's eyes and said: "Don't worry at all, I won't let him reach his goal, trust me."
   "Since I saw those snow globes, I should have guessed this would happen."
   "Maybe his coming won't hurt us."
   Christine felt Josh's hidden smile after saying this and said: "Your smile has a special meaning." And laughed.
This was something that only Christine and Josh understood, but Christine doubted Josh these days.