Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen: Awkward Conversation with Some You Use To Love

*Three Month Time Jump*

~POV: Jaiden~

I groaned as mom put more notebooks into the cart.

"Mama! School is in two weeks. Is this necessary?" I whined. We were shopping for stuff for her up coming class and stuff for my senior year.

With Alexis, Taryn and Sydney out of school, they all now live with the boys. I'm still friends with everybody. Shay and I are still together. Mama is still crazy. Aaron and Amanda are engaged again. Jack and I still talk a lot. He comes to visit me whenever he's not touring. It helps that he's only a few hours away.

"Jai! Purple or blue?" My mom asked.

"Blue." I said. She got our twenty four blue notebooks for her class. "Mind if I go look at the music?" I asked, bored with school shopping.

"Fine." My mother said with a sigh. I thanked her and walked off. I took out my phone after Backseat Serenade started to play. I smiled when I saw it was Shay.

"Hey, Jaico. Been thinking about you. Talk to you soon, love. ~Shay" I didn't see where I was walking. I ran straight into somebody.

"Oh! I'm sor-" Then I saw who it was.

"Jaiden!" They exclaimed. They hugged me tightly. I hugged them back. "I haven't heard from you in almost three months!" They scolded me.

"I'm sorry." I said passively.

"You should be!"

"How've you been, Aaron?" I looked up at my ex.

"Good. And you?" He asked, a little awkward.

"Fine. How was the rest of Warped?" I rocked back on my heels, my hands behind my back.

"Not as much fun without you." He said with a half smile. "You look fantastic! Um, how's Shay?"

"He's good. I was just texting him, actually. He's coming down soon, then staying for a month." I got a good look at Aaron.

He was wearing jeans and a simply gray t-shirt. His bangs were even with the rest of his hair, and it was straight. His smile still reached his beautiful honey colored eyes. I saw love in them. I missed that love being directed to me. I missed loving him.

"Congratulations about you and Amanda being engaged again." I said.

"Thanks! I'm actually gonna do it this time." He said with a smile. I nodded, faintly smiling. "So, senior year. Are you excited?"

"Yeah! With the track I'm on, I'll be graduating by the end of the first semester. That's what I want. I want to be in the studio by February." I explain. Aaron laughed.

"We've started writing a new album." He said with a grin. "Maybe after the release and we go on tour, you girls could open for us."

"That sounds awesome! We've been writing the music for different songs; Linkin Park and All Time Low are our two biggest influences, which makes for quite the combination." I smiled.

"It's different, but it fits you guys." Then, Mama came around.

"Jai- AARON!" She exclaimed. She came and hugged him. He hugged her back. "I miss you. I don't like Shayley as much. You're the kind of boy I would like for my daughter to date. Not a boy like Shayley." My Mom explained. "Im not sure who is to blame for your break up, yet. I'll just blame Robbie."