Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Forty Two:
Christmas, Christmas Time

~POV: Jaiden~

Aaron and I stood waiting for my mom's car to pull up. Finally, the green Subaru pulled up.

"You kids need a ride?" Mom teased through the open window.

"Yes!" Aaron said. He put the bags in the trunk and got in the back while I got in the front. Aaron once again was asleep in seconds.

"Is he okay?" Mom asked. I nodded.

"The guys had a lot more energy than normal. Then, they all got showered and Aaron went on with Linkin Park before we left. And all that was after press. Also, I think he's crashing. Three monsters aren't good for you." I explained, shaking my head.

"And you're aren't tired why?" Mom asked.

"I am, but my brain isn't. I had to get my laptop down. I wrote half a book on the way here." I shrugged.

"I'm gonna put on some music. Will he wake up through that?"

"Nah. I think he's down for the count." Mom nodded and turned on her favorite Fall Out Boy album- Folié A Due. I wound up falling asleep not even twenty minutes later.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Jaiden." My mom called, holding out the A in my name. "Come on. Let's get inside." I got up and tapped Aaron's thigh. He groaned and got up.

"Jaiden! No!" He whined.

"Come on, love. Let's go bed." He groaned.

"I'm comfortable here!" He continued.

"Aaron, you can't sleep in the car. Come on." He sighed and got out. He got his suitcase from the trunk and went in behind my mom. I got my bag and walked in last. I told my mom good night and went to bed. I put my bag down against the wall of my old bedroom before getting in bed with Aaron. I curled up beside him and fell asleep.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Get up! Get up! Get up!" I heard somebody telling me. I opened my eyes to see my mom with a wild grin on her face.

"You've had coffee, haven't you?" I asked her.

"I have, too, Jai-bird!" Aaron yelled, running in and jumping on my bed. I groaned.

"Aaron!" I whined. He grinned and cuddled up beside me.

"Please come have fun with us. We'll get some coffee in you and we can go running!" He said, kissing my neck.

"No coffee. Just water." I said.

"That could do, too, I guess." He said. He kissed my jaw before shooting up and sprinting down the hall, Lizzie in toe barking. I grabbed my glasses and put them on.

I followed my mom out to the living room to see Aaron out on the porch running down the stairs in mom's flip flops. I watched him run around the house. I walked back to the kitchen and got a cup of water and some cereal. I drank all my water and ate my cereal, tweeting as I did so.

"Snow on the ground and Aaron is out in his shorts, tee and mom's flips running. Great morning!" I posted on Instagram and Twitter. I posted it and scrolled through. After finished my cereal and two cups of water. Aaron still wasn't inside. I went to the window. He wasn't out there. The front door flew open and he walked in, blue and out of breath.

"Why did I do that?!" He asked, breathing heavily. I laughed and walked down the steps to him. I gently touched his cheek.

"Baby! You're so cold!" I told him, wrapping my arms around his neck and bringing his body close to mine. I rubbed his back with my hands, trying to warm him up. He was shivering from being so cold. "Hey, how about you go take a hot shower and warm up?" I suggested, gently pressing a kiss to his cold neck. He nodded, not letting go of me.