Chapter Fifty Six

Chapter Fifty Six:
The Rope Hanging Me

~POV: Jaiden~

I walked out of the apartment Monday morning, Mom behind me.

"Can I come with? I'm sure I'd be of help." She said.

"No. I'm going to get groceries by myself."
I said. I went straight to the car without another word. I silently drove to the market. I was finally getting some peace and quiet. I quickly got everything. I was checking out when somebody got in the checkout line behind me.

"Excuse me. Are you Jaiden Rutabaga?" I turned to see a fourteen year old girl wearing a Sleeping With Sirens t-shirt.

"Yeah. I like your shirt by the way. I should call Dad, anyways." I said.

"Oh! You call Kellin Dad! I was at that show actually. You guys rule!" She said. I laughed.

"Thanks so much!" I grinned and hugged her.

"So, you are Aaron are still getting married, right?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yep. My family is in town, so we're going dress shopping tomorrow. Bad thing about my family being in town is that Aaron and I can't sleep in the same apartment even! So, tonight we're using the date night excuse and getting a hotel room." I smirked. The girl laughed.

"Nice. You know, I've met a lot of band members, and none of them have been so open as to tell me that they plan on a romantic night with their partner. It's a nice change." She said.

"I have gotten very little sleep in the pass few days. I have no filter." I said. We laughed. I swiped my card and took care of the payment. "It was awesome meeting you. I hope I'll see you around again. Bye."
I waved to the girl as I left. I loaded the car before getting in my car and going home.

I unloaded the groceries, putting them away before noticing that everybody was gone. I went and packed my over night bag, putting a few condoms in the small back zipping pocket. I put my clothes in for the next day and other small things. I was excited to get to spend a night alone with my fiancé. I heard my phone ring. I quickly answered.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Hey, just checking in. We're at the beach." Mom said.

"Alright. I'm just getting stuff for tonight together." I said.

"Tonight?" Mom asked.

"Yes, Mom. Aaron and I have date night, so it'll just be you all here." I reminded her.

"Okay." She said. I could sense her slight anger.

"Mom, I hope you realize that I have spent several nights with Aaron before. I have for several years now." I reminded her.

"I don't care, Jaiden." She was getting snappy.

"Okay then. I'll talk to you when you get back." I said.

"Alright. Bye." And with that, she hung up. I groaned. I walked into the fifth room with a door in my apartment- the best room. I plugged in my bass a played through a few songs. I calmed down easily. I felt good. I unplugged the bass and shut the door, going back to my room. I finished packing the bag and so I decided to get on Twitter.

I wound up on Twitter for an hour. Then I heard the others come in.

"We're back." Mom said.

"M'kay." I replied. I stayed on my phone. I heard two people enter my room.

"Jaiden, we know what all goes on in your relationships. We have a pretty good idea what'll go on tonight." Mom said. She and Mimi sat on the bed.

"Oh, God." I sighed, locking my phone.