Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five:
How Far Would You Go?

~POV: Shayley~

The day after Jaiden had spent with Taryn and Austin, she seemed terrified. I tried to get her to talk, but she kept putting it off. I kept sighing and just holding onto her.

It had been two weeks since that day. And now, it had happened again. She was sitting curled up having a panic attack. I picked her up and took her out to the backyard. I sat down with her in the grass. I pulled her onto my lap. I started humming to her, holding her close to me as I rocked her back and forth.

"Sh, baby. I'm here. Come on. It's gonna be okay. I'll be by your side through whatever we face." I promised her.

"Promise?" She asked.

"I swear it." I promised. She got off my lap and faced me.

"Okay... You're really going to hate me. I hate myself about it..." She said. Tears streamed down her face. "Oh no." She said. Her hands covered her mouth and nose as she sobbed. "A-Aaron and I have been sneaking around. Or- had been. I cut it off two weeks ago." She explained.

I wasn't very surprised. I thought I saw something, but I wasn't sure. I was happy she broke it off, but a bit disappointed in her for cheating on me. Even after learning that, I still loved her.

"We-we had had sex and-" That I wasn't expecting. I cut her off.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"I-I- we-I-" she started crying again. "I've got a week left before I try- but- we forgot a condom and I've been scared for two weeks. Panic attacks about you hating me, my family disowning me, the girls being upset. I've been terrified of telling you especially." She said. She was a wreck. I wrapped my arms around her and brought her close to me.

"Jaiden Rose, I could never hate you. I still love you more than anyone. More than anything." I told her. "No matter what, I will be by your side. I don't care if it's not mine, I will love it like it's mine. I just don't want to see you like this- having panic attacks every little bit, not talking to me, staying by yourself the entire day. Jaiden, I want you back. I want my girl back. I want the girl I fell in love with back."

Jaiden wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back just as tight.

"I love you so much, Shayley." She said.

"I love you, too, Jaiden. So, so very much." I told her. I kept her in my arms. "So, why do you have a week left?"

"Sperm lives for three weeks without being fertilized. Therefore, I don't want to freak myself out by checking too soon. I'll check after the three week mark." She explained.

"My god. Do you also know how to tell if it's a boy or a girl?" I teased. She half smiled and nodded. "When'd you learn all this?"

"Throughout my years. I simply had nothing better to do other than listen into people's conversations. Some turned out to be educational." She said. I laughed and hugged her to me.

"Little things I love about you." I said. "You're a genius." I joked.

"You know it, babe." She smiled and kissed me. "Thank you."

"For what?" I asked.

"For still loving me and not getting mad about everything." She said.

"I won't lie- I'm not the happiest, but I still love you more than anything. I know you don't need that. If you get that from anyone, I'll be here. I will always be here. Whether we go our separate ways or if we do get married someday. I will always be here for you." I swore. "No matter what, I never want to loose you." She hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. We stayed hugging each other for several minutes. We pulled away and smiled. "So, I vote we go get some food."