Chapter Seventy One

Chapter Seventy One:
Failure

~POV: Jaiden~

A few weeks after I had finished sending everything in, I was sitting in the living room drinking a cup of coffee and reading a book. I looked to check the time. It was eleven. I had been up and gone for a run already. Aaron still wasn't up.

He hadn't been getting up like normal. He would sleep in until a little after noon. Then, he wouldn't do much. I was worried. He wasn't smiling as much. He hadn't touched a bass or guitar in weeks. He wasn't himself. We I looked at what day it was. It was the sixteenth. I sighed and leaned back.

"November sixteenth. Happy two months, Aaron." I whispered. I snapped my book shut and got up, walking up the stairs to our room. I saw Aaron still laying on the bed, asleep still. It then struck me what was wrong. My throat closed, my eyes welled with tears. I backed out of the room, then quickly ran down the stairs. I got out my phone and called Abby.

"Jaiden?" She asked.

"Abby. I-I-I." My voice wouldn't work. My mind was blank other than one thing- I failed him. He was depressed. It was my fault.

"I'll be over in a few minutes." Then she hung up. I slid down the wall, leaning my head back.

Tears started falling down my face. I closed my eyes as they streaked down my face. A sob escaped my lips. I sat sobbing against the wall until I felt arms wrap around me tightly. I leaned into them and cried. I felt another person also hug me. I just cried onto Abby. Eventually, I ran out of tears. Abby wiped away the last ones gently.

"What's wrong, Jai?" Abby asked. I leaned back again.

"He's depressed. I've failed him. He's depressed." I said.

"Jaiden, you haven't failed Aaron." The boy beside her said. He had brown, curly hair, full lips, hazel eyes, and I could tell he was tall. He was familiar. Very familiar. "He has had a long history of depression, correct? Maybe he just needs put back on some medicine. Abby can call his doctor. We can get him an appointment and get him back on some meds. It'll be okay." He said softly. He knew how to talk to me, like it had happened before.

"Okay." I said softly. The man reached out and pulled me to him.

"I've missed you, Jaiden." He said, hugging me tightly. Abby took my phone that was beside me and went into the kitchen, leaving me alone with the boy. "You don't remember me, do you?" He asked. I shook my head. He sighed. "I should have known. Chris." He said. Then it clicked. The boy I hurt. The boy who's heart I broke. And it was an accident.

"Chris. I remember now." He smiled at that.

"Good. Now, let's go get you cleaned up."

An hour later, I was showered, dressed in jeans, and a Fender t-shirt. I was sitting at the little table in the kitchen with Chris and Abby. (Who I learned were together.)

"Aaron's appointment is tomorrow at two-fifteen." Abby told me. I nodded and put my head in my hands. Chris put a hand on my back. Then I heard a yawn. I turned to see Aaron standing in the door way, still in his pajamas. I got up and walked to him.

"Well, look who's finally awake." I said, trying to smile. Aaron shrugged. I kissed his lips softly. "Go get dressed." I told him. He nodding, waving at Abby and Chris. He then walked away.

"He didn't smile. He didn't kiss back. That's not Aaron." Abby said.

"That's not my Aaron."
I said. "I want my Aaron back."