Three

"Whoa!" My best friend, Lyss, exclaims as I meet her in a café. "You can barely afford rent, how'd you get all of this shit? When did you become Kylie Jenner? Did you win the lottery?" She narrows her eyes and throws all of these questions at me.

I laugh and shake my head. I take a seat next to her and clasp my hands together over the table. I shouldn't tell her because then she'll want to meet Jack and when she does, it'll all go downhill from there.

I still don't even know if he's okay with making this public. The whole 'telling people about our arrangement'. I'll have to talk to him about it later. I wonder if I should go back to Jack's house tonight.

I shake off the thought for now and pay attention to my friend. My focus is on her for now, not giving anything away. I wonder if Jack will tell people about us, and if he does, can I do the same?

"No, but seriously, how'd you get all of this?" Lyss asks. "You're a completely changed person."

I wince slight at her words. I haven't completely changed. It was just my style that did.

"I have money." I snort and her eyes literally pop out of her head.

"You have money?" She scoffs. "No, what you have is a sugar daddy!" She sarcastically singsongs.

Oh, you have no idea... I breathe out an uncomfortable laugh because she just mentioned that.

"I'm only kidding, Camila." She clarifies. "I already ordered us lattes and croissants, if that is okay. We usually get that unless your food interests changed, too?."

"No, that's perfect." I smile. "I still like lattes and croissants."

My phone obnoxiously buzzes in my handbag. I put my purse on the table and fish it out.

"A new purse, too? What the hell. You did win the lottery!" Lyss exclaims, a little too loudly.

I ignore her, not making eye contact and check my phone. I have two new text messages from Jack. I slide my screen to read them.

[Jack] babe,

[Jack] where are you?

How is he so comfortable and confident in calling me these nicknames, already? I mean, yeah, okay, we had sex and he was so forward and comfortable with it. It's gonna take some readjustment time in my part.

[Camila] I'm with my friend I told you this.

[Jack] are you coming back today?

[Camila] yeah, and since I'm never gonna be at my apartment, I'm just gonna drop the rent and move everything back to my parents

[Jack] live with me

What? Whoa, flattering, but no way.

[Camila] noo, it's fine thank you though.

[Jack] I'm being serious, I could call someone to discard of your things and move them back to your parents house and we'll buy you whatever you need for when you're with me

[Camila] I can't live with you. That's a super sweet offer,but you've done so much for me already.

[Jack] you're being difficult. We'll discuss about this later.

"Hello," Lyss snaps her fingers at me and startles me from my texting.

I look up and I hadn't even noticed our food was here. My drink is probably already cold. I look at Lyss's food and she's finished. I quickly eat as she tells me a story of her encounter with a boy at the mall.

I take mental notes that I need to tell my parents I'm moving everything back into their house. I'll text them when I'm in the car on the way back to Jack's. I shouldn't even worry about moving either because Jack's got it covered. He's doing too much.

"So, thought about getting a job?" Lyss asks me, leaning her elbows on the table.

She's my best friend. It's only natural for her to be this nosy.

I shake my head, "do you not know how lazy I am?"

"Of course I do. I've known you since middle school." She laughs.

"Then, why'd you ask?" I say, biting my sandwich.

"Just wondering because I got this awesome job and my assistant is so hot. Sometimes I catch myself staring at him and I don't even realize I do." She speaks, quickly.

"Hot assistant?"

Wow... A hot assistant does sound nice.

"Yeah, you should see him. He's like Francisco Lachowski's doppelgänger." Lyss swoons over him.

"Nice, but if you fuck him, you're fired." I laugh and she joins in.

"I'll try and contain myself."

"And make sure he tries to not fuck you."

When I'm finished eating, Lyss has already paid, we get up from our seats and hug each other goodbye. It was nice reuniting with her. I haven't hung out with her in a while and I glad we got to catch up.

After letting my parents know, and getting their okay, it's back to Jack's mansion. I still want to know how he gets all of this money. Do his parents just willingly give it to him? Is he a part of the mafia?

I like being with Jack. He doesn't actually make me call him 'daddy' which is good because I would feel so uncomfortable if I had to. I'd be even more uncomfortable to face my real father.

I cruise down the roads with my car cranked up and my phone plugged into the aux. I could also live by myself. What am I saying? I did live by myself before I even met Jack. I turn up my music and just drive.

I arrive and walk inside, not even bothering to ring the bell. I know, how rude of me? Jack appears to meet me halfway from where I'm walking to and smiles. He hugs me around my waist and places a wet kiss on my lips.

Wow, a girl could get used to this kind of embrace.

"Welcome back." Jack says to me and I grin at him.

{vote, comment, share}