Seven

My phone rings annoyingly and I sit in my bed at my parents house. I left Lyss's house after I woke up and I didn't explain everything that happened because I still haven't told her about Jack. I just made up a story.

I check my phone and Jack called me, again. He's been calling me nonstop and it's so irritating. Only one of my personal outfits are at his house, so I'm good. I've told my parents that I've been sleeping at Lyss's.

I take a deep breath and finally answer, knowing that if I don't, he's never going to stop.

"Camila?" He breathes, relieved. "Where are you? You haven't been answering my phone calls."

"Why?" I snap.

"Don't be like that."

"Don't be like what?" I mutter in response.

He sighs fairly loud, "are you coming back?"

"Don't be surprised if I don't." I simply say.

"Please, come back. I miss you." He confesses and I roll my eyes.

I pick at my pants and notice all of my jewelry pieces. If I don't ever show up again, I should ship them all back to him. I purse my lips and the call is dead silent for a short moment.

"Okay." I murmur, quietly.

"Okay?" He sounds a little more happier.

"I'll see you soon." I say and hang up.

Now I have to actually look nice if I'm going over again. Just to talk today. Not have sex or do anything like that. I put something on, not too fancy because I don't think we're going anywhere. I pass by my 14 year old brother on the way out.

"Where are you going?" He asks me.

"Friends house. Tell mom and dad I'm staying over there." I say and he nods.

"Bye, Cam." He says and goes back upstairs into his room.

*

I hesitantly ring the doorbell at Jack's house and I wait a little before he opens the door. He inhales a sharp breath before steeping closer to me and grabbing my face to push his lips against my own.

I just stand there, I don't touch him with my hands or kiss him back. I want to talk to him first, before I reciprocate any movements. He pulls away, frowning. He opens the door wider for me to walk in.

"Don't hate me." He says.

I sigh, "I don't hate you."

"You didn't kiss me back." He almost pouts.

"I didn't shove you back the other night either." I snarl and he's taken aback by it.

"I'm sorry." He says quietly, grabbing my hand. "How many times to I have to apologize?"

Jack's thumb traces over the ring he bought me and I just stare at the floor. I want to kiss him back now, badly. Seeing his face after four days is like seeing the sun rise after four years of darkness.

Plus, he is so damn attractive. Who can stay mad?

"I forgive you. It's just- I tried to look good for you and I hadn't realized that you were angry; you pushed me, so I obviously was gonna be pissed off."

"Enough to leave me for days." He adds. "Sleep here tonight."

"Okay, in a different room." I clarify.

I don't want to sleep with him tonight. Not yet at least, but I already know that he's going to try and succeed at getting me to sleep with him. I do miss him wrapping his arms around me.

"No, in my room." Jack says.

I can't make eye contact with him or else I will give in completely. I need to stand my ground. Ever since I met him, I've been flustered and all over the place. I take my hand out of his.

"Come on." He whispers. "Don't do this. Talk to me, baby. You're keeping something from me."

"I just..." I start. "I just never thought you'd put a hand on me ever, in that way."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I was just angry and heated and it was in the moment." He grabs my hips and pushes me to him so I'm flushed against him.

"It's okay, but I'm just gonna leave tomorrow during lunchtime because my friend wants me to have lunch with her and her hot assistant." I smile, mainly to myself.

I can't wait to see this hot assistant she's got.

Jack narrows his eyes at me, "don't call your friends assistant hot. You're mine." He growls.

"I know." I place a hand on his chest. "That's just how she described him."

Jack presses his lips in disapproval, but wisely chooses to keep is mouth shut. Grabbing my hand, he intertwines our fingers and walks me up the stairs.

"Did you stay with your friend these past few days?"

I shake my head, "only for the first night, then I went to my parents house. I'm surprised you didn't chase after me." I tease.

"Trust me, I would've if I knew where your parents lived. Speaking of which, did you move everything from your apartment to their house."

"Yeah, I had that done." I reply.

"And have you thought about the living situation? You can live with me and we can work out a schedule from there."

"I don't know," I sigh. "It's a lot to think about. We barely know anything about each other and you're already asking me to move in with you. How do I know you're not a serial killer?"

He chuckles, clearly amused, "if I were a serial killer, don't you think you'd be dead by now?"

"Good point." I shrug.

"Just think about it, alright? I won't force you to move in with me."

{vote, comment, share}