Thirty Five

Why do I feel so emotionless? It's like the life has been sucked out of me. I'm literally seeing everything in black and white. Maybe Jack was the light of my life, but he's so problematic.

I'm Going shopping because I didn't take anything from Jack's place and I decide to invite, none other, than the Sam Wilkinson. We need to catch up on things. It's been a while, right?

I wait outside of the mall for Sam. I don't think he knows that Jack and I broke up, unless Jack notified him. I doubt it. If he did, he'd assume that Sam would go right for the single me.

"Hey, fatty." I hear Sam say and my head shoots up from looking down at my phone.

I smile as he starts to walks closer to me, holding his arms open for a hug. We sway back and forth and he looks nice. We're only at the mall, not anywhere elegant and fancy.

"Hi, Sam." I reply.

"Brought a guest. Hope you don't mind." He says and my eyebrows furrow as I look past him.

Jack immediately stops in his tracks as he sees me. Wow, great. So he didn't tell Sam that we ended things and cut everything off. First off, how did he even get Jack to come? He must've not mentioned my name.

"I was honestly surprised when you didn't invite Jack." Sam chuckles. "He usually goes everywhere with you like a little puppy."

I let out a forced and nervous laugh, "you have no idea." I say through gritted teeth. "Let's go."

I grab Sam's arm, dragging him inside the mall. If we walk fast enough, we can ditch Jack. Sam starts resisting and pulling me back.

"Slow down. We gotta wait for your boyfriend." Sam says.

I let out a loud sigh, "Jack and I aren't dating anymore." I say quietly, looking down to the floor at my feet.

"Wait, what?" Sam's voice sounds like he's astonished. "Well, if you told me, I- I wouldn't have invited him. Fuck, I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I look back up, giving him a weak smile.

"Wanna tell me why? Or... Later?" He scratches the back of his neck.

I skim through all of the information and Sam listens contently. We're in the middle of the mall with people passing by. I guess we're being rude in a way because we're just standing here in everyone's way.

"Want me to beat his ass for you?" Sam jokes.

"Shut up, skinny kid." I hear Jack's deep voice.

"I'm kidding, man." Sam smiles, his dimples deepening.

When is Sam not joking or not in a happy and good mood? I nervously bite my top lip, glancing at each of them quickly every now and then. Are we going to shop or just stand here all day?

"Jack can go do something else." Sam slings his arm over my shoulders. "We can shop. Just the two of us." He smiles down at me.

"I don't have anything better to do-" Jack starts, but I cut him off.

"Sure." I scoff.

My mind instantly goes on the topic of Auburn. He can go to her instead of wasting his time with us. Jack guides his bottom lip in between his white teeth, trying not to smile. Why does he think it's so funny when I'm angry? It makes him even more annoying.

Jack goes to the other side of Sam as we all begin to walk into Victoria Secret. Should I let Sam go in? He might throw around bras and panties, and most likely put it on his head like a helmet.

"Get your arm off of her, dude." I hear Jack whisper to Sam.

He's not very good at quiet voices. I bring my hand up to hold around Sam's wrist, so he doesn't let go of me. I want to piss Jack off even more than he already is. I'd say that if a stranger looked at us, they'd think Sam and I were dating.

I'm literally flipping around from Jack, to Dylan, to Sam. When did I turn into a whore. I walk into a section and search for a nude colored bra. Sam gapes around at all of the half naked models around the shop.

"These are soft. Buy them."

I look up at Sam feeling silk lingerie in between his fingertips and I roll my eyes. Boys. I'm not gonna spend like $80 on something I'm not gonna wear. I find what I need and then go to the cashier to pay.

I'm very glad that Jack didn't swoop in with his credit card. This is the first time that he didn't insist to pay. He's just awkwardly third wheeling with us around the mall and I don't feel bad putting him through this.

"Sam, I'm serious. Get your arm off of her." I hear Jack, yet again.

"What's your problem?" I snap at Jack, looking in front of Sam to see him.

"I already told you! I don't like someone else touching you, unless it's me!" He replies, almost shouting.

Geez, were in public. Lower your damn voice.

"How do you think I felt when you had your arm around Auburn?" I narrow my eyes at him and that shuts his mouth right away.

Sam and I aren't even half as bad as him. We aren't fuck buddies, unlike them. Sam never spoiled me, Sam never told me he loved me. We're just friends.

"I don't need you, Jack. I've moved on. See." I bring my hand up to grab Sam's chin to face his head towards me.

He's so tall. I lean up, connecting our lips and then pull away after a few seconds. Sam's eyes are wide, like he can't believe that just happened. I look over to Jack and he's fuming. Breathing heavily and everything.

{vote, comment, share}