Forty Nine

Today has been pretty straight forward already. I have been doing my usual morning routine. Wake up, stretch, lazily walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower, change into clothes, and put on makeup.

I change into a simple outfit and search for a pair of socks. They always go missing and it pisses me off all of the time. When I successfully find a matching pair of black socks, I put them on.

As I finish putting on my left sock, the FaceTime ringtone starts to be heard from my laptop. I quickly slip on my sock and answer the call. Jack Johnson pops up on the screen and I instantly smile.

He always puts me in a good mood. He's a very positive person and rarely is ever a negative Nancy. I know that I can always go to him when and if I need motivation.

"Hey, bud." Johnson says through my phone screen.

FaceTime is an amazing invention. To me, it's way easier to use than Skype.

"Hi." I give him a tight smile. "What's going on?"

"Heard about you and Jack. I'm sorry, but I felt like I'd be a horrible friend if I didn't show you that picture." He tells me.

The first thing he had to mention was Jack? I'm trying to move on from him, but how can I do that when he pops up in my mind every five seconds?

"It's fine, don't sweat it." I give him another small smile. "You did the right thing and didn't keep it from me. I appreciate you for that."

"So, what are your big plans for college?" He grins. "Gotten accepted anywhere yet?"

This is what I love about Johnson, he digs deep in conversation and does not just stay at the surface. He wants to actually know about my life and not talk about the generic little things.

"I'm waiting for some acceptance letters." I let out a short laugh. "I was planning on taking a year off, but then I didn't know what I was going to do for that year."

"UCLA was so packed and I was a freshman last year and man, it was scary." He tells me.

"You're going to be a sophomore in college. Old." I say.

"I hope you get accepted to UCLA and won't have to leave."

I frown a little. The acceptance letters already came out, I wanted to say, but I restrain myself.

"Me too. Anyway, how's your music coming together?"

"Good, good." Johnson says. "I've put out a few more songs and I'm gaining quite quickly."

"I know." I pout, my bottom lip sticking out. "You're gonna be so famous soon and forget about us little people!"

"I could never forget about you, Camila."

In the background, I see Johnson's door open and he turns in his swivel chair. I see Sam's head appear through the crack of the door. I smile at him trying to be slick. Oh, Sam.

"We're going to Buffalo Wild Wings. Wanna go?" He asks Johnson.

"I'm on FaceTime." He tells Sam.

"Oh, with the one and only." Sam smirks, walking into the room. "Hello, Cam." He says in a British accent.

"Hello, Sam." I reply, mocking him.

"Do you want to go to Buffalo Wild Wings with us, too?" Sam asks me, almost shouting.

"Dude, she can hear you. Even if you talk in a regular indoor voice." Johnson says, making me laugh.

"Who's going?" I ask.

"Me, Nate, Johnson, Gilinsky." He replies. "You'd be the only female, but hey, that's fine."

My heart skips a beat as he mentions Jack. I shake my head, no and thank him for the invite, though. I'm doing us all a favor and skipping the offer. I don't want to see Jack at all. He's just going to say something else, that's rude, to me.

"You sure?" Sam asks and I nod my head. "Positive?"

"I'm positive, Sam." I laugh.

He chuckles, "HIV positive?"

My eyes roll on their own at his childish words. Not in a rude way because there's a smile still planted on my face. If I do have to go to a different state for college, Sam and Johnson are two people that I'll definitely miss.

"Go away, Sam." I joke.

"I'm going." Johnson says. "Just give me a few minutes to get ready." He tells Sam and then turns his attention back to me. "I'll call you back when I get back, okay?"

"Okay, have fun." I smile as he ends the call.

That was quick. I shouldn't have rejected them because then they might talk mad shit about me. I scroll around on YouTube and find nothing interesting to watch. I'm not into rant videos or DIYs. I shut my laptop and lay on my back on my bed.

I have been checking the mail a lot, to see if I got anything from any colleges I applied to, but nothing at all. What if colleges don't want me? I was such a good high school student.

Straight A's. Many honors, AP, and college bound courses. I'm so anxious and all I really need to be is patient. It's been stressing me out not knowing if I qualify for a college or not.

{vote, comment, share}