Fourteen

Bored and tired, that's all I am. That's recently what I've been and that's most likely what I'm gonna be for the rest of my life. It would make life so much easier if Jack wasn't bipolar.

He's been ignoring me for weeks now, so I've simply just gave up. Not sure if he's even tried contacting me because I haven't bothered checking my phone. There's a knock on the door, making me grunt.

"What?" I snap.

"Um, Alyssa is here to see you." I hear my brother cautiously say to me.

Oh shit... Lyss. I haven't talked to her in forever it feels like. I've been ignoring every single text and call I've been receiving. She must be worried about me. If anything, I haven't been getting fat from sitting here, I've been unhealthily losing weight.

I groggily get off of my bed and it almost feels alien-like and weird to stand. I get out of my room and Lyss is waiting by the front door. I walk all the way down the stairs and she gives me a small smile when she sees me.

"How are you doing?" She asks.

"I'm sorry I haven't let you know anything-"

"Don't sweat it. It's cool." She says, cutting me off.

The. Pressure has been lifted from my shoulders. I've been fine, I guess. We go up to my room and Lyss tells me about how her job is going and how her and her assistant have a thing, but it's against the rules to date or have sexual relations with your assistant.

Hearing about her doing well is making me feel better.

"You know that Jack kid?" Lyss says and I suddenly am more awake; how could I forget him?

"Yes." I nod my head slowly, unsure of where this conversation is heading.

Out of all things, she had to mention him.

"He texted me- I don't even know how he got my number- and he wanted me to get you to talk to him, but you haven't been answering me." She shrugs.

I can't fall back into Jack's stupid trap, just so I can end up getting hurt and being sad and crying all day again. I scoff. He knows no boundaries if he's finding my friends phone numbers to get to me.

"Hey, girls." My dad just opens my bedroom door.

What day is it? Isn't he supposed to be at work?

"Alyssa, are you staying for dinner?" He asks her.

"Yeah, why not." She smiles, brightly.

He nods and then leaves my room. That was weirdly unexpected. Everything that's happened today is unexpected. I lay back down, grabbing my phone to check all of my texts. Lyss grabs my hand and pulls me back up.

"You need to stop being a bum. Let's go do something before we have to come back for dinner." She says and I squint my eyes at her.

What would we even do?

"We could walk around at the beach or do something fun. This is Los Angeles. Don't take things for granted before our state turns into a raisin!" She spookily answers my unspoken question.

I laugh at her joke, "okay." I shrug.

What harm could going out cause? I tell her to to leave the room for a second so I can throw on an outfit and whip on some makeup. I'm finished in ten minutes tops and then I exit my room. She's leaning against the wall, on her phone.

"Ready?" Lyss asks and I nod.

*

She pulls up into a parking lot and we're at the beach. The sun is setting and it's like the picture perfect scene. I haven't told Lyss all of the details and I do feel bad, but I can't tell her about the deal.

We walk on the side walk at there's a few stores across the street. We decide to walk around in that area and my heart contracts when I realize where we are. Jack's taken me here before to go shopping. I recognize the Cartier shop.

"You okay?" Lyss asks me.

"Yeah." I nod my head, semi-lying.

We keep on walking and I narrow my eyes to get a better look at what I think I'm seeing. Jack's leaning against the wall on his phone and he looks more than nice. He's in a crisp suit and tie,

I try to walk faster, hoping he won't see me, but Lyss grabs my arm. Oh, great. She probably set this up. I want to kick her in the throat. She drags me to where Jack is.

"You bitch!" I gasp and slap her arm, trying to get her to let go of me.

"Jack!" She doesn't shout, but says his name loud enough so he hears her.

"Betrayer." I mumble.

"Oh, be quiet." She shushes me.

Jack's eyes soften when he sees me and I want to roll my eyes. I pull my leather jacket on tighter, looking anywhere, but at him. The irony. The jacket that I'm wearing is the one that he claims he hates.

Lyss pinches my arm, getting my attention, making me jump at the sudden pain.

"We aren't leaving until you talk it out." Lyss says, sternly.

What the hell does she know about us? He bought me things after he fucked me. It's not like he told her every single bit of information.

"I can walk home." I snap, though it isn't true because I can't walk on a freeway.

"I know you guys can work it out because Cam can work through anything." Lyss puts her hand on my shoulder. "And I'm sick of you treating yourself like dirt. I know more than you think."

Fuck.

{vote, comment, share}