Twenty Five

Lyss looks at me weirdly and confused as she gets into the back of Sam's car. I greet her and introduce her to Sam and she remembers him from his party.

"You guys fucking?" Lyss asks and I burst into laughter.

"We ditched Jack and stuff." Sam tells her.

I also wanted to pick Lyss up to ensure that Sam won't pull something on me because if she's here, he won't try and kiss me or anything of some sort. I think of what we're gonna do as Sam drives around.

"We could go to the zoo." Sam suggests and I scrunch up my nose.

"What are we? Seven?" I smile.

"Can we go get something to eat because I'm starving." Lyss complains.

We all agree to go to a local restaurant and it's 5 pm. I get out of the car and this isn't as awkward as I thought it would've been. As we wait for a table, I check my phone and I have so many texts, I don't remember my phone vibrating.

[Jack] is that true?

[Jack] you don't want to be around me?

[Jack] do I scare you or something

[Jack] I'm not gonna hit you I would never hit you.

[Jack] I guess it is true if you're ignoring me I'll see you back at my place later love you

I'm not afraid of him laying a finger on me that way, I just don't like how he argues back when I try to stop it. He also gives me an unnecessary tone whenever we're around other people.

When we're seated, Lyss instantly throws a question at me, interrogating me. I sip in my lemon water, not wanting to answer her question. 'How did you and Jack even meet?' She would never look at me the same way ever again nor would Sam.

I don't want to be like 'oh, he said if I gave him sex, he'd buy me whatever I wanted' because who wants to be known as someone like that? I just lie and say we bumped into each other in public, which was sort of true in the beginning.

"I'm not that hungry." I comment.

"Well, I am." Lyss says and Sam agrees with her.

*

After sitting here, listening to Sam and Alyssa talk, I've realized how perfect they would be if they were a couple. They are the same exact person, but different genders. It's so weird.

"You can drop Lyss off and then me." I say as we get into the car.

Basically, we just went out to eat. We didn't really hangout or do anything fun. There's nothing even to do with Sam besides party and he's good at dancing. We arrive at Lyss' house and he gets out.

"Invite me to the next party you have, Sam." She says as she shuts the car door.

"She has the hots for you." I wiggle my eyebrows at Sam.

"Not my type." He shakes his head, chuckling.

"What do you mean?" (Cue Justin)

"I'm all for exotic and big ass." Sam informs me.

I raise my eyebrows at his descriptive words. Exotic? Soon enough, we reach Jack's house and I brace myself to face him. Jack recently gave me a key for the front door so now it's coming in handy. I thank Sam and hug him over the center console.

I get out of the car and as I walk up to the front, Sam exits the driveway. I get inside of the house and I assume he's in his room because he never goes anywhere else in this house besides the kitchen.

I open his room door and he's sitting on the edge of the bed, with his hands folded together and his eyes on the TV screen. He's watching some animal channel and I want to smile at how cute he looks.

He notices me come inside and relief washes over his face. What? Did he think I was going to leave him or something? He gets up from the bed and walks over to me, cupping my face and placing a tender kiss on my lips.

"I think we need a break." I murmur, looking down at my feet. "From each other."

"What? No. Why? Was it because of me? I'm sorry." He grabs my hands. "Is this because of Sam?" His eyes flare with anger. "Do you want to be with that fucker?"

I almost gasp, "it's because of how we argue and your turn of emotions; your mood swings. I can't keep up." My voice remains calm.

I don't want him to think it's because of Sam because it isn't. The last thing I want to do is ruin his relationship with his friends. Lately, being with him has been stressing me out. Even if he treats me like a princess.

"I'm sorry. I'm trying, okay?" He whispers, sounding like he's about to cry at any given moment. "Look at me, please."

I look up at him and he's anything but ready to cry. I know that my eyes are filling with tears because they're turning my sight glassy and blurry. I don't want to put any official end to us, so that's why I'm suggesting a break.

"I'm don't want a break from you." Jack tells me.

"But, I need some time and distance to think."

"Think about what?" He almost snaps.

"I don't know..." I trail off.

"Exactly. So we don't need a break. Just stay with me and we can work this out. I don't know what I keep doing to fuck what we have up, but I'll try not to anymore and you need to try to."

"I do those things because of you!" I raise my voice. "You make me feel like shit when you flirt with people! Like I'm not good enough for you!"

It feels so good to get that off of my chest. He needs to know why I act like I do when we're in public. No girl should have to watch their boyfriend flirt with someone else.

"Baby, you're more than enough for me."

"Then stop taking me for granted." I whine.

"I'm not." He squeezes my hands.

"Yes, you are." I retort.

"Let's take a nap or something because you need one." Jack tells me like he thinks he's a therapist or something.

Everyone's treating me like a child today.

"Not with you." I shake my hands from him.

"Yes, with me." He bends down on his knees.

He unlaces my high heels and I kick them off. Jack grabs them and places them next to his drawer. He grabs my hand once again and leads me to the bed. I don't want to take a nap next to to him, but I don't want to fight about that, too.

I crawl under the sheets, turning my back on him. He comes and lays behind me and wraps his arms around me, sighing. He's difficult himself. I take his arms off of me, pulling the covers up to my chin and closing my eyes.

What if we can't work through this?

{vote, comment, share}