Thirty Four

He was awake. He was fine. He had Auburn. I shouldn't be worrying anymore. I continue to lay hopelessly in my bed. I still can't believe he chose her over me. I don't think I'm all that pretty, but really?

Their past is much more worse than mine and Jack's. I bite my bottom lip as my music plays on shuffle from my phone. He's moved on and I haven't. I'm being so stupid and emotional.

I guess we are nothing anymore. We're no longer Camila and Jack. We're no longer that fighting/on and off couple. We're no longer that annoying couple who thinks they're cute. We're nothing anymore.

I haven't been talking to anyone. My parents and Kaiden were able to come back home, two days ago and they're holding up well. I've ignored Lyss, Dylan, Sam, and all of my other friends.

How could someone I met a few months ago, affect me this much? I'm forever going to be confused on that. I lazily get up from my bed to go downstairs to grab something to eat.

I pick my phone up, sliding it into the back pocket of my jeans. I wake out of my room door, going down the stairs. Midway, I hear Kaiden's voice. Who's he talking to?

"Not sure if she wants to see you right now. She's been in her room all week." His voice is unsure. "I think she'll get angry at me if I let you in."

Being curious, my eyebrows furrow as I continue to go down the stairs. My eyes lay on, none other, than Jack Gilinsky. I stop breathing and freeze in my tracks. Do I run back upstairs?

I can't slip past them because Jack already noticed. His facial expression softens as his eyes remain on me.

"Camila." He says and I stand still.

"Yes?" I keep from stuttering, my voice quiet.

I don't even trust myself talking. I can tell that Kaiden doesn't know what to do. I motion towards him, signaling that he can leave if he wants. Oh lord, I honestly don't want to talk to Jack.

"Can we talk?" He asks.

I step down the last few stairs, "why?" My eyebrows remain knitted together.

"I ended things with her." His answer is short and I know he's referring to Auburn.

"What? You think that if you end things with her and come talk to me, I'll run straight into your arms?" I raise my voice with each word.

His eyes widen, taken aback by my tone, "not exactly, no..."

"Then why are you here? Why do you always bother me? What do you want from me?"

He could have anything he wants. What could he possibly need or want from me? I'm done trusting him. I loved him just to have my heart broken. I bring my hand up to rub my temples. Why is this relationship so stressful.

"I don't wanting anything from you. I want you." He emphasizes and my eyes roll.

"No." I shake my head and cross my arms over my chest.

"Why? Do you like Dylan?" He asks, his eyes hardening.

I can tell that his own words are making himself angry. Do I say yes or no? Maybe if I say I do, he'll leave me alone and that's all I really want right now. No way in hell am I getting back together with him. Things are so damn complicated.

"Yes, I do like him." I say, but I'm such a bad liar and Jack automatically knows that I am.

His eyes narrow at my pathetic lie, "okay." He says and then steps into my house.

Whoa, wait what.

"You can't come in." I say and he shrugs, ignoring my words.

I don't want him anywhere near me. If he does try to touch me, I'll dip so fast. I have no idea what to even do. I can't go around, only back up the stairs.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm not leaving until we talk this through."

"Funny, we're not talking this through." I scoff. "Take your bitch ass out of here."

He deeply sighs, but then the corned of his mouth turn up into a little smile.

"What?" I snap.

"You said bitch ass." He snorts. "Who even says that?"

"Do not try to make me laugh. I'm mad at you."

"Okay." His eyebrows raise, the smile still on his face.

I roll my eyes and try to push past him. His hand goes to my arm and I rip it away from him before he can grasp it.

"Camila." He says my name and I all of a sudden hate when he calls my name.

"What, Jack?" I spit. "I'm not forgiving you."

"Auburn and I weren't even anything serious during that six day or so period of time!" He almost shouts and I want to smack him across the face for being so loud.

"You told her I was your neighbor, and you chose her over me!" I emphasize.

I'm not confident and I don't think I'm the shit, but we were just together and he chose her over me. That's not fair. He didn't even give me any time to explain anything.

"I know, and I'm sorry." He sighs.

"Save it." I cross my arms over my chest. "Shut the door on your way out."

I turn on my heels to go into the kitchen. I'm surprised I didn't burst into tears and turn into a puddle.

{vote, comment, share}