Eight

"Do you want to know why I was angry?" Jack skims his thumb over my bottom lip.

Do I really want to know... We're basking in the glory of makeup sex and I don't want it to ruin the mood. It probably won't be something about me or something that would upset me.

"Sure." I answer, not knowing what I'm getting myself into.

"My ex," he starts; oh no that doesn't sound good. "She wants to get back into my life and she's trying to contact everyone that I know. Including my fucking parents and close friends."

He spits out every word with venom as if it were disgusting to him. Even she met his parents. I'm obviously going to be a tad bit jealous and upset. She's met his close friends, too.

He hasn't even mentioned them to me at all since we've been a 'thing' until now. Now, I'm all kinds of curious to know more.

"One, two, or three?" I ask bravely and boldly.

"Three." He utters quietly and I sigh.

The most recent girl. Moments ago he was saying I was his. I should just make him say he's mine, so I don't have to worry about anything like his ex coming back into his life. It would be put my emotions at ease.

"What is it, Camila?" Jack asks me. "What're you thinking about?"

"I was just thinking about how... Girl number three... Was involved in your personal life."

"Don't stress about it." He scolds me.

"Did you love her?" I blurt, my eyes widening.

Holy shit. Did I really just ask that? I curse at myself under my breath and close my eyes so I don't have to see his reaction. I really want to jump off of his balcony right about now.

Jack's eyebrows furrow, "I mean, I did, I used to, but not anymore." He adds quickly and I feel a quick pinch on my heart.

So, she was more like an actual girlfriend to him, but then she just became a gold digger. How can you go from a sugar daddy sex deal to a close boyfriend and girlfriend label? Like meeting each other's parents close.

Why do I have the stupid feeling to cry right now? I can't. Not in front of him. We barely know each other, but all of this information is throwing me off. Now, I'm just tired. Really tired. I don't even want to talk anymore.

Jack wouldn't be happy if I talked about my ex, but I was the one who wanted to know why he was mad. I turn the other way, making Jack let go of me and close my eyes, slowly drifting to sleep.

*

I wake up and Jack isn't by my side. I sit up and search around the room, like an idiot. I hear his quiet voice from the bathroom, on the phone. I can't help but eavesdrop, I hate myself.

"We can see each other soon... Yeah, definitely... I miss you, too... Okay, bye love you, too."

My heart race begins to increase, who the fuck was he talking to? Watch it be his ex-girlfriend. I swear to god if it is... It could just be one of his family members or something? I always tend to overthink things.

Jack unlocks the bathroom and I lay back down and pull the covers up, pretending I'm asleep. I can hear Jack come around the bed, over to my side. I feel his lips press against my forehead and I want to smile, but I resist the urge to.

He walks back around the bed and I feel it dip next to me, okay, he's coming back to bed. His arms go around my stomach and I reluctantly pretend I'm waking up, prying his fingers off of me, one by one.

I always want to say something, but I fear that it would ruin what we have going on and he'd get angry with me and hate me, so I just keep my mouth closed, but then he always eggs me to tell him what's wrong and what's bothering me.

"Don't touch me, please. I have bad cramps." I lie; nailed it.

"Cramps? Let me rub your stomach, baby." He offers and I shake my head.

He probably can't even see me, but I do it anyway. I sit up, at the edge of the bed. The phone call still in my mind. All of the possibilities... I sigh, picking at my nails. The bed moves next to me and I don't look.

Jack comes around and kneels in front of me, "you're sure you're okay?" He asks, concerned.

"Not really, I want to go home." I almost snap and he frowns.

"Why?"

"Who were you on the phone with?"

Geez, so much for the fake sleeping act. I know that my words have shocked I'm because he pales a little.

"What?"

"Who were you on the phone with when you were in the bathroom?" I repeat.

"No one?" He replies as more of a question than answer.

I sigh, "you're lying."

I get up and go around him. I'm still tired, I don't even want to drive home. Jack grabs my wrist, causing me to turn around. I almost flinch, but he would never hurt me that way again.

"It was... My ex." He sighs and I almost choke.

"But-but you told her you loved her and yesterday you told me that you used to." I shake my head, vigorously, trying not to cry, but I can't help it.

I probably look so pathetic, but I just can't help it. I gather my things quickly before exiting his room. My vision quickly turning blurry from the tears building up in my eyes.

"What! You're leaving?" Jack whispers. "Camila, you have to understand-"

"I can't do this- not right now, I'll send you back all of your things you bought me." I say, not even turning back to see his face.

I can't even look at him. He lied to me. He can have me and love his ex at the same time, it's not right. That's now how it's supposed to go. That's now even how it works!

{vote, comment, share}