Twenty Seven

The clingy, psychotic ex girlfriend?

"I don't care who you like more, mom. The only thing that matters is that I love her." Jack snaps.

I smile at his anger towards her words. He defended us and didnt act like ann innocent momma's boy. I walk back into the room like I heard nothing at all and I would've thought my man, David, would back me up, but he didn't.

I don't touch my food for the rest of the dinner because my appetite had vanished. Since they're staying here, that means Jack and I can't have sex. Well, we still could because soundproof walls.

But t I wouldn't feel comfortable with David and Katherine sleeping a floor under us. Jack places his hand on my thigh, causing me to jump a little. He looks at me with soft eyes, obviously because of what Katherine said about me.

Maybe he hopes I didn't hear those things. I wish Jack would have met my mom that one night. She would have loved him as much as my dad did. I gather up their empty plates and my dish and go into the kitchen.

I scrape my food from the plate and into the trash. I wash the dishes quickly and I'm going to do anything in my power to get Katherine to like me. I'm going to impress her and exceed her expectations, and change her opinion and impression of me.

Two large hands are placed on my shoulders, squeezing them and I instantly know that it's Jack. He squeezes my shoulders once again.

"Why are you so tense?" He walks me over to the stool, taking a seat and pulling me onto his lap. "Tell daddy what's up."

My eyes widen and I look around, hoping none of his parents heard what he just said. I think they went back upstairs, probably to talk about me or something.

"I heard." I say, quietly, looking down at my knotted fingers.

Jack covers both of my hands with one of his, "heard what?"

"Don't play stupid, Jack. I heard what your mom said about me."

Jack sighs, "whatever you heard, don't acknowledge it. She can't tell me who to date."

"She said she liked your ex better. Maybe I actually am not good enough for you because you're you and I'm me. Incompatible and everyone knows it." I say, continuing to sit on his lap.

"My dad likes you much better than Auburn because you're not obsessive." Jack puts his hand on my thigh; I blush at the display of affection.

"I love you, so much." I kiss his cheek, making him smile.

"And I love you. My beautiful and funny girlfriend whom I don't deserve." Jack playfully scrunches up his nose. "Let's shower and then go to sleep."

*

I wake up and Jack is nuzzling my neck. I roll off of the bed, hopefully I'm the first one to wake up. I brush my teeth and get ready as normal, but I try to look more decent than most mornings because of Katherine. I need her to like me more than Jack's ex.

I open Jack's door room and immediately smell breakfast filling up the house. Okay, someone's awake before I am. I quietly shut his door and I'm surprised he didn't wake up when I got out of his arms.

I walk downstairs and David is making all of Jack's favorite breakfast foods. He notices me and greets me with a smile.

"Hey, I didn't know you were still here." David says. "I'm glad I made extra breakfast."

"Yeah, I kind of live with Jack." I whistle through my teeth.

Three months I've known him and I'm living with him. Crazy, right? I take a seat and patiently wait for Jack to get up sometime soon. Maybe he won't wake up unless I wake him up like an alarm clock.

I tell David I'll be right back because I'm going to wake Jack. I return back upstairs, passing Katherine on the way up. I reenter Jack's rooms and he's splayed out on the bed.

I crawl on the bed, kissing all over his face. His forehead, his temples, his cheeks, his nose, his eyes, his chin and his lips. His eyes slowly open and he smiles at my greeting to him.

He hums, wrapping his arms around me, "I definitely liked it better when you woke me up by giving me a hand job."

"Get up." I pout. "Your dad made us breakfast." I shake him.

"I'm getting up." He groans, rubbing his eyes and then his happy trail.

Day one of not having sex with Jack and his parents being here. I wait on the bed as Jack finishes showering and dressing up. It doesn't take him long to do his hair, but it takes him a damn, unreasonable time to shower.

The drought in California is bad enough, but he can afford to waste water in this raisin-like state. He comes out of the bathroom with just a towel loosely hanging from his hips and shoots me a wink before going to a drawer to grab a pair of briefs.

I go to the nightstand and grab my phone. I check for any messages and phone calls. There's five calls from my brother and two texts. Also, one text from Alyssa. I check Lyss's' first.

[Lyss] I think I like sam

What? Should I tell her what he said about exotic and big booty? I ignore the text for now and go to my brothers. He texted me last night.

[Kaiden] mom and dad got into a car accident answer your damn phone!

[Kaiden] CAMILA I SWEAR TO GOD I CAN'T DRIVE TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL

My heart crawls up to my throat and I stop breathing. Kaiden is most likely still at home, freaking out. I need to get home and pick him up and then take him to the hospital. My parents were probably coming back home from date night.

I practically run to the bathroom, where Jack is getting dressed, and knock on the door. So many thoughts are swarming my mind.

"What?" He asks.

"I-I need to go home." I stutter and the door swings open.

"Why?" Jack asks me, worried.

I'm shaking, they can't die, they can't die. They're gonna be okay. I just need to hope for the best. Jack grabs my shoulders.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He shakes me slightly to capture my attention.

"My parents are in the hospital and I need to take my brother with me to go see them." I bite my lip.

"Okay, go. I'll occupy my parents until they go out sight seeing and I'll meet you at the hospital, okay? Everything is gonna be fine." Jack kisses my forehead. "Don't worry."

{vote, comment, share}