Forty Three

"Did you make me food?" I hear Jack shout to me from the staircase.

Before I met him, I had no idea how to even turn on a stove. Now, I'm constantly cooking all of his meals.

"Yes." I reply and then soon see him appear down the hall.

He's lucky the food didn't get cold yet and I just made it. He's been in bed for an extra two hours. He strolls over towards me with a smile on his face, hugging me a planting a kiss on my cheek and neck.

"Thank you, baby." I feel his hot breath on my shoulder.

"You're welcome." I say and them motion him to sit down as I bring him brunch.

Jack takes a seat on the white barstool and waits like a little boy. He's so damn cute. I bring over both of our plates, trying not to spill anything off of it and he sets up his napkin flat on the table. I don't know why he always does that.

"You're the best." He grins at me and the blood rushes to my cheeks.

"I know." I fake being completely flattered.

"You're supposed to say I'm the best, too."

"You're the best." I tell him which satisfies him.

I take a seat across from Jack and we both start eating. I literally just made pancakes and bacon and he seems to enjoy it. I'm glad he didn't bring his phone down because we can actually converse right now.

"So, how are you?" He cheekily smiles.

"I'm good." I laugh, using my fork to cut into my pancake. "I'm waiting to hear back from some colleges."

"What?"

"You know, school after high school-"

"No!" Jack stands abruptly from his seat like I just told him, he can't have cake for breakfast. "You can't leave me." He lowers his voice.

"Jack, I'm not leaving you. Calm down." I tell him and he visibly relaxes.

He lets out a breath, "good."

"But if I do real life college and not the online stuff, I might just get a dorm."

He stops chewing his food, "what? Why? I could drop you off everyday."

"That's way too much money." I retort.

"Trust me, I can afford it." He gives me an 'are you stupid' look.

"I know, but I don't want you to feel like you have to." I say and he opens his mouth, but I shush him. "I know you're gonna say that you want to."

Jack's lips then into a smirk as he continues to eat, "how many people do you think can say 'my boyfriend drops me off to my classes everyday'."

"A lot of people actually." I whistle through my teeth, laughing.

My phone buzzes on my counter and I peek over to see what it says, but before I can, Jack snatches my phone. I pounce up from my seat to try to retrieve it, but he holds it high in the air.

"Are you busy today?" He reads slowly, narrowing his eyes. "Dominic? Tell him you're busy."

"But I'm not." I finally get my phone back. "We're not even gonna do anything today, just like every other day." I shrug my shoulders.

"Maybe I want to take you out."

"You're just saying that so I don't hangout with him." I say.

"True."

"He's a nice guy and I have a boyfriend and he has a girlfriend. Nothing is going to happen." I emphasize and Jack raises his eyebrows in a 'sure, Jan' expression.

I take a seat and resume eating. I don't even know why Jack is worrying about this. Sure, Dominic is cute, but I have Jack. I finish my food, collecting our plates and putting them into the sink. I'll wash them later.

"We're going on a date." Jack sternly tells me, stepping in front of me so I can't walk towards the stairs.

I cross my arms over my chest, "where would we even go?"

"You choose." He pokes my sides, making me jerk and smile. "We could just go to Sam's?" He suggests.

Why would he even want to go to Sam's. He's usually thinks it's boring. Then, it hits me like a ton of bricks. He wants to check on Auburn and Sam and see if they're together still!

"Only if I get to invite Lyss." I negotiate.

Jack's gonna be all moody there and I'd rather have Lyss as a backup ride. No, I'm not using her for a ride. Okay, maybe. It wouldn't be a smart idea because she likes Sam, but Sam likes Auburn. Who am I kidding, Sam doesn't have feelings for anyone.

I text Lyss to meet us there and she's all in for it. I kind of left out the part of Sam and Auburn because if I were to mention it, she wouldn't want to come. I turn my attention back up to Jack.

"Yes or no?" He asks me, cocking an eyebrow up.

"Sure, we can go to Sam's." I give him a fake smile.

"Wanna go now? We're all dressed."

"Let me go get something." I say, racing up the stairs before he can answer.

I burst into his room, trying to find my backpack. Damn you, you luxury backpack. There's barely enough space in it, but I managed to shove my wallet, sweatpants and a t-shirt because if all goes wrong, I can spend the night at Lyss'.

I sling the Fendi backpack over my shoulders and prance down the stairs to an awaiting Jack. I decide to bring down his phone, too, because he'll forget it if I don't and turn all the way back around. I hand him his phone.

"Thank you. My lifesaver." He kisses my cheek before leading me out to his matte black Mercedes Benz. When did he get that? That's cute though, maybe he wanted us to have matching cars.

"Off to Samuels." Jack says, faking enthusiasm.

He's the one who suggested it. I take my phone out to text Lyss again. By the time we arrive, she should too. I also grab the aux cord, plugging it into my phone and play some music.

"I'm so full." Jack reaches over to grab my hand, intertwining our fingers.

"You shouldn't have ate so much." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

We ate the same amount of food. Two pancakes and two strips of bacon. His hand begins to sweat against mine, it does all the time, but this is more than usual. Is he nervous to see who's gonna be at Sam's?

We shortly make it to our destination and I see Lyss's car parked on the side of the street. She's leaning against her door, typing on her phone. Typical. I decide to sneak around and scare her. When I do, she doesn't seem scared at all.

"That was so lame." She laughs. "It's been such a long time since we've seen each other!" She engulfs me into a massive hug.

Jack head inside of the house first and we follow behind him. I don't know how either Lyss or Jack are going to react at the scene. Maybe they'll sit on the opposite side of the couch now and now with their legs entwined together.

"Auburn?" Lyss asks her when she instantly sees her.

"Alyssa?" Auburn's eyes narrow.

"You two know each other?" Sam questions, alarmed.

"You're the bitch who pushed me in front of the entire class in elementary school." Lyss seethes, still looking at Auburn.

Considering I moved here in the beginning middle school, this is all news to me. Maybe Auburn enrolled in private school after elementary? So many possibilities.

{vote, comment, share}