Forty Four

"What are you doing here?" Auburn asks Lyss.

"What are you doing here?" She emphasizes it more.

"I'm here with Sam. We're kind of a thing if you didn't notice." She answers, grabbing Sam's hand and I can tell that he's very uncomfortable with what's going on.

"What?" Lyss and Jack say simultaneously.

Lyss sounds so astonished by the information and so does Jack, but he quickly resolved himself when he sees me notice his tone. This is partially my fault, but it's mostly Auburn's fault.

"What are you guys doing here anyway?" Sam chuckles.

"Jack wanted to come here." I blatantly say.

"Why?"

"I don't know." I bite the inside of my cheek. "Wanna tell him, Jack?"

"Just wanted to come see my buddies." He lies and I roll my eyes.

With my arms crossed over my chest, I stroll over to the other couch and take a seat on that. I look up at Lyss.

"I don't know what the hell you were planning. You knew I liked Sam." Lyss points directly to me with her manicured finger, the sun hitting her love bracelet and almost blinding me. "Are you happy?"

That's the last thing she says to me before running out of this house. My mouth is propped open. I should go catch her before she leaves. I didn't mean any of this. I knew that she liked Sam, but I wanted her for company.

"That took a turn of events." Jack whistles and I scoff at his ignorant words.

I quickly her up to the couch and rush outside to see if Alyssa is still here. Maybe crying in her car or something? I put on my shoes and look up, but then am startled when I see Nate lighting something.

"Are you always smoking?" I snort.

"Pretty much."

"Did you see like a dirty blonde come out here?" I ask.

Why am I asking him that? Of course she came out here. I could've just asked if he saw her.

"Oh, yeah." He smirks. "She's a fine ass lady, but sadly, she left." He puts the joint in between his lips, sucking in.

He then releases a breath, the smoking clouding over his face. He holds it out to me, basically, silently asking me if I want a hit. I cringe at the gesture and shake my head, no.

"Come on, just one puff." He grins.

"No, that's nasty." I laugh.

"You're such a girl." Nate let's out a raspy laugh.

I head for the door to get back inside and I take my shoes off once I get inside. I walk up the steps and my eyebrows pull together when I see Auburn and Jack creating conversation.

Calm down, Camila. They're just talking. I can help but feel a pang of jealousy slap me across the face. I can't keep calm about something like this. They were together and had sex literally two weeks ago.

I walk into the kitchen to find Sam, and to my surprise, he's microwaving pizza rolls and scrolling through his phone. I take a seat on a still and lean my elbows onto the counter looking at it.

"Hi." I give him a pursed lip smile.

"Hello." He smiles back as I grab an apple to eat.

"You might want to wash that because I can't remember which colored one Nate put down his pants." He informs me and I immediately put the apple back.