Thirty

"Get out." Jack says to me.

I gape at him in disbelief, "what?"

"I said, get out." He repeats.

"Jack, don't kick her out. This isn't her fault." Katherine intrudes.

"Since when have you fucking liked her?" Jack seethes at his mom.

My jaw drops at his words towards her. It's not only me who he's rude to. I stand from my seat, and leave in shame. I actually didn't expect him to be mad at me. At me. But he is and I understand why.

I quickly go upstairs to grab the keys to my Toyota. I'll just spend the night at the hospital with the rest of my family. I quietly leave the house. I'm sad that Jack reacted the way he did, but who can blame him?

Watch, he's gonna beg me to come back to him and he's gonna say how he didn't mean those words. Just like always. I drive back to the hospital for the second time today, checking my phone as I go up to their floor.

[Dylan] heard what happened to your parents, should I come to the hospital?

[camila] yeah, bring Alyssa too room 34, Floor C.

I go inside of their room and my brother is on his phone and both of my parents are asleep. Kaiden is surprised to see me walk in during this time and I'm sure visiting hours are over, but I don't care.

"Why are you here?" Kaiden asks me.

"I'm staying here tonight, too. Rude much?"

"I'm sorry. I just didn't-"

"Expect to see me here? I know." I interrupt him, messing up his hair.

He's changed his clothing, but how? Who brought him back home? He probably got Dylan to bring him back home. They're like best buddies and I know Kaiden likes Dylan more than Jack. He always will.

About 45 minutes later, there are soft knocks on the door and Kaiden gives me a confused look. I go to open the door, letting them into the spacey hospital room. They walk in and Kaiden greets them.

"Where's Jack?" Lyss asks me.

Of course. I knew she'd ask about him. People need to realize that couples aren't always together, but it would be reasonable for him to be here with us.

"I don't want to talk about him." I cross my arms over my chest.

"What'd he do now?" Dylan asks, menacingly.

"Nothing." I lie. "Thanks for coming though."

"You can go home if you want." Kaiden says. "I've got it covered here."

"You sure?" I ask and he nods.

I don't want to leave him alone here again, but there's nowhere for me to sleep anyway. Leaving the room, I take Dylan and Alyssa with. There really was no point in them coming, but I just needed company.

"Dylan got a tattoo." Lyss says, poking Dylan's clothed shoulder.

"You did?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's on my outer bicep." He says.

"I want to see it when we get back to my place!" I squeal. "Wait, do you guys want to come over?" I ask and Dylan nods.

"Of course." Lyss says. "Dylan take your car by yourself. I'm riding with Camila." Alyssa practically shouts in the parking lot.

We walk to my ugly Toyota and get inside of it. I begin to pull out of the parking lot with Dylan's Range Rover following behind me. Music buzzes through the speakers during most of the car ride.

"Wanna talk about it?" Lyss asks me.

I grip the steering wheel, "about what?"

"Jack."

"No, I don't." I roll my eyes. "He's just busy because his parents are in town." I lie.

We get to my house and I park in the driveway and Dylan parks next to me. When I get out of the car, that's when I notice a sleek white sports car, on the side of the road, in front of my house.

My eyebrows furrow as I walk over to it. It's dark so I obviously can't see anything. The only light there is, is a phone screen. I knock on the glass and the window rolls down.

"What are you doing here?" I curse at Jack.

"Just dropped my parents off at the airport because I didn't want them to stay here any longer and I'm sorry I kicked you out." He apologizes as I predicted; fuckboy.

"Too late. You can go back home, I'll see you some other time." I say.

"Why not now?" Jack's eyebrows knit together.

"Because now is not is good time." I simply shrug.

"Are you cheating on me or something?" Jack asks the bizarre question.

I sarcastically scoff, "yeah, I'm cheating on you with Alyssa. So you need to go."

I left out Dylan because tonight wouldn't end well if I brought him up. I begin to walk back up the driveway and I hear Jack get out of his car. I quickly rush Dylan and Alyssa inside.

"I said leave." I repeat myself.

"No. If it's just Alyssa, you would be able to let me inside."

Touché, Gilinsky.

"Okay, I'm not gonna let you inside because Dylan's in there, too." I honestly say.

"What's up with you lying to me?" Jack throws his head back in fake laughter. "It's like you're trying to fuck this relationship up."

His words make me shut my mouth right away. I have been lying to him, a lot. I watch as he walks away and back to his car, speeding off from down the road. I sigh at the turn of events and go inside to where they are.

Dylan and Lyss are sitting on my bed when I get into the room. They both look up at me, waiting for me to say something.

Now, I'm going to have to explain everything to them.

{vote, comment, share}