Chapter 20

The front door to the Patterson's family open and there stood my biggest nightmare. Can someone please pinch me so I can woke up from this horrible nightmare I keep thinking. He was staring at me in shock and me in the other side was frozen then his eyes fell on Julia and kaiden who was telling me to let's go. Immediately I pull the kids and hid them behind me.

"Stella is it really you?" he ask.

"No, I'm a ghost coming to hunt you" I said sarcastically.

"Where have you been"

"Far away from you" I said with a sharpness that even I was surprise.

"Mommy who is this" Julia ask.

"Mommy I wanna go" Kaiden said in the other side.

"This is your daddy" I responded to her.

"I'm really sorry Ella for everything I did to you"

"All you did was giving me two reasons to live for and I thank you for that" Julia looks at him for a moment then went at him and open her arms. He picked her up and I knew then that there was no going back again. Water was running down my cheeks without knowing. As for Kaiden, he stayed still with me. Luke called him but he wouldn't go.

"Go on Kaiden he's your daddy" Jane said.

"No" he said loudly, I've never seen this side of him before.

"Why not" mrs patterson add.

"He made mommy cry so I don't like him" he said.

"He did not make me cry baby" I tried saying to him.

"Yes mommy he did and you're lying. You told me not to lie ever"

"Yes I did" " you know what it's time to go anyway" I took Julia from him, more like ripe her out of his hands but with precautions.

"Stay away from me and stay away from my kids" I whisper in his ears on my way out.

"I wanted to stay with daddy" Julia complained.

"You don't like mommy anymore" I said fake crying.

"I love you very much but I love daddy too"

"Okay baby" I reach my parents house and went straight to my room. I was overwhelmed with everything. All I keep thinking was I didn't want the kids to meet him. I know that's call selfish but I don't want him near the kids. He didn't want them then why would he want them now. I carried them for nine months without anyone by my side and I raise them for six years and now he thinks that he can just come and take over the role of their father he's completely wrong.

"Mommy it's bath time" Julia called.

"I'm coming baby" I got up, wipe the tears and went to give them their bath. After I showered them, I gave both of them a glass of milk and tuck them to bed.

"What happened today" my mom said.

"I saw Luke"I said.

"That's a good thing right?"

"No mom it's not, seeing him make me relive all the thing he did to me. Seeing him make me see that it's the same Luke that told me to get out of his car and to abort my kids. It make me remember memories that were buried away that I didn't want to remember. I just want to be happy with my kids again without seeing his face."

"You still love him don't you?" My mom question.

"No, why would you say that" seeing him make my feel something but I don't know if it's love or hate but I think that its more than hate.

"I'm an adult, I've been there too" she hug me and left to bed. It was ten o'clock. I went to my own room and turn on the TV. why is it so hard to be happy, its my fault for coming here now I just need to stop and get my old life back with my angels. The happy perfect life that we had before we came here and all this bs happen. Summer will be over in two and a half month, I would go back home, I won't have to see Luke's face anymore and this overwhelming feeling will be gone. I can wait for a month. Anyway I didn't come here for Luke. I came here because I wanted to see my parents and I'm not going to ruin that.

"Happy birthday mommy" both Kaiden and Julia woje me up with their pitch little voice.

"Thank you my babies" I said happily hug them. I can't believe I forgot about my own birthday. What kind of person forget about their birthday. Me that's who.

"Come on we're going to the spa, get up" Julia urges. She loves going to the spa do her nails with sparkly color.

"Okay, I'm going" I went to the bathroom take a shirt shower since I had Julia waiting and the girls waiting for me. I got out to find julia sitting at the edge of the bed by herself but everybody else left.

"I brought you breakfast" she said. She loves cooking so I figure that she might have help making the breakfast.

"You made that for me?"

"Yes" she said excitedly. I finish dressing up and left with julia, mia and Abigail who were fighting to sit in front. They remind me of when I was their age. Jane was there with me so they sat in the back.

"Wait mommy" julia said and run to my mother. She said something to her then came back.

"What did you say to grandma?" I question her.

"Its a secret" she said grinning. We went to the salon and I did my short hair in a curly style. I painted my nails a bright red. Julia paint her little nails pink. Mia did hers blue,Abigail did hers green and jane did hers black. After that we went shopping.

"Okay let's go home now" I begin to buckle my seatbelt.

"Can we go buy ice cream first" mia said.

"It's four o'clock we got to get home and you have to eat dinner first"

"Please, please, please, I haven't seen you in six years please" for a ten year old she sure has a way with people.

"Okay we gonna get ice cream then we're going home no question ask."

"Okay" we went to get ice it was four forty five. So by the time to buy the ice cream and go back home it was already five.

"Let me drive we are going somewhere" jane said.

"Where?"

"I'm going to dress you up for your birthday" I didn't want to but reluctantly I agree.

"I'm not going in there" I said to her when we pull in front of her house.

"Don't worry Luke is not here I promise" I got out of the car and went inside and to her room where I spend thirty minutes of torture. I wore a black dress that reach three inches above my knee and a red pump. I put red lipstick to match the shoes and a light black eye-shadow and some mascara. I dress julia and the girls bought their own clothes. They were acting very strange but I just thought they were just happy and celebrating my birthday with me. We got in the car and left when we reach the house it was quiet and some of the lights were off.

"Maybe they went out" I said.

"Maybe" jane responded. I open the door and a lot of confetti were thrown at me with a chorus of happy birthday. I was surprise because I had no idea.