chapter 28

Today I woke up, woke the kids and began to clean the rooms that the kids had dirty. My phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello, this is chief John from the angel hospital, I was calling for Stella Andersen" The man said at the other end of the line.

"Hi, you're speaking to her" I responded taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

"We were wandering if you were still interested in the job"

"Yes I'm, I'm very interested" I was happy because I applied months ago to that hospital and they never answered until now.

"Ok ms are you available tomorrow, the team would like to meet you"

"Yes, what time" "10:00 sharp don't be late" the man said then hang up. I ran outside my room and downstairs wile screaming like a little kids.

"Why are you yelling like that, It's nine in the morning and I need to sleep" Blake said rubbing his eyes.

"I have the job" I squealed while jumping up and down. "You do?" Blake asked surprise. "Well I have an interview tomorrow but I could feel that I have the job" I respond. "I'm happy for you now let me sleep" Blake returned back to bed and I went back to work. I turned the radio loud to human by Christina Perri and I could imagine Blake burying his head under the pillows and that makes me laugh. I turn down the volume realizing that someone was calling me.

"Ella for god's sake I've been calling you for more than five minutes now" my mother said. "Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the loud music" " I notice, here those flowers were delivered for you" I ran downstairs thinking it was Luke but when I open the card I realized it's from Ely.

"Gorgeous I'm sorry about what happened and now I understand. Can I have the courtesy of taking you to dinner tonight I would be very honored." There was an address in the card "be there at eight, and if you don't come I'll understand" now I was on edge. What do I do. I decided to call him. Why don't you come over instead and we can eat popcorn and watch a movie like we used to do with the kids. He accepted and later on he came. The kids were happy to see him and they spent a great amount of time playing together. After that we all dine then when the clock it nine, I tuck the kids in bed. After that we sat in the living to watch a movie.

"I heard you guys are engaged" Ely said out of the blue. "Yeah, I had to give him a chance I'm sorry"
"Don't be; its love right?" Ely chuckle.

"Will you come to the ceremony"
"I'm sorry, I can't. I have an important business meeting that day and I can't miss it"
"I understand"

Ely POV:

Today I have an important business meeting with someone that my assistant said but I was talking on the phone and didn't get the name. When I get there I was shocked to see Stella, she was more beautiful than ever but my fantasy was short live when i saw that she was engaged with the father of her kids. The same man that rejected her. Something clench inside of me. How could she go back to him after everything he's done to her.

I regret not conquering her heart when we were friends. I love her but I never express my feelings; I'm such an idiot. She wants me to come to her wedding but how can I when she's going to marry someone else and not me. But if it makes her happy; I can't oppose to her happiness.