Chapter 2

As always, Brian called me at exactly 6:00 that night. We never really have anything to talk about, we know everything that's going on in each of our lives. I guess it's just nice to have someone there.

     "So watcha doing right now, babe?" 

     "Brian, baby, nothing really. Just sittin' here talking to you."

     "Yeah, well that's obvious. So have you talked to your dad about coming to Nichole's party?"

     "No, you asked me that like- not even five hours ago. I'll ask him tonight at supper. Besides, I don't even know why she invited me, it's not like we're really good friends or anything. She's nice and all but I just don't understand why she would want me to come."

     "Well, she pretty much invited everybody. And why wouldn't she invite you? Everyone loves you. You're sweet, fun, smart, pretty. And I love you and all your Little Things. I don't know how I got so lucky to have you."

     "Ha ha ha ha ha, whatever, you know none of that was true, but thanks for trying to make me feel special. Listen, I've got to go. Mom's got supper ready, so I'll talk to them about going to the party."

     "Okay, have fun. Love you."

     "Love you."

     "Bye."

     I made my way down the stairs to the kitchen. I hear Mom and Dad whispering about something, so I snuck around to hear what they were saying.

     "-but I think she deserves to go. She's always helping out around the house and is always working hard at everything she does." My mom pointed out.

     "I suppose you're right. We'll tell her tonight. She wouldn't have fun at the party at the office, neither will I honestly."

     "Haha, yeah, I don't think anyone does." Mom laughed.

     I kind of backed out and ran to the bathroom before they noticed me being there. I didn't think they would give in! I have to call Brian back and tell him! No-maybe I could surprise him at the party, that would be a whole lot more fun. With my decisions made, I casually walked into the kitchen.

     "Hey darling! How was your day?" Mom asked.

     "Good."

     "Good!"

     "Alright, let's all bow." Dad said. He said the prayers and we all dug in.

     "So Renee," Dad started. "Your mother and I have been thinking that you deserve to go to that party you were talking about. We think you'd have a much better time there with your friends  rather than be around some older people you don't really know."

     "Really?!" I tried to sound surprised.

     "Yeah, you deserve it."

     "Oh, well thank-you!"

     "You're welcome sweetie!'

     Dinner went on. The entire time I had the biggest grin on my face. I spent the rest of the night listening to One Direction and thinking about how excited Brian would be to see me show up at the party. Yep, life is good.