Chapter 42

I sit up and rub my eyes. "What's wrong? What happened?" 

He jumps down on the bed. "Nothing. I just thought that if I said it was an emergency, you'd get up quicker. I just thought it was time you got up." He smiles. "So, I've got something I need to tell you and then, I've kind of got to go get ready for the concert later this evening. Don't panic or get upset when I tell you this either, okay?" He watches me closely as I nod my head. "Well, Paul decided early this morning that Kelsey was going to finally get to perform tonight."

"That's great! Why would I be upset about that?" 

"Well, after this week, she's the only one who gets to stay with us on the tour." He looks down.

Well that was a punch in the gut. "Did you guys try to talk him into doing something else? Is there any way that the rest of us could stay?"

"We've tried and tried to convince him otherwise, but he's not budging. He says he really loves you all, just like his own children, but it's just not working out right now."

"Okay... When do we leave?" I ask.

"One week."

"Wow. Okay, guess I'm going back home to deal with drama and moodswings. And then I'll have to deal with Valerie and her pregnancy on top of that." I smile.

He laughs. "You really surprised me. I thought you'd take this awful, cry and stuff. You know I don't know how to handle that." He laughs again. "We'll hang out after the show tonight right?" 

"Yeah."

"Okay, well, I've got to go get ready and you probably do too." He pulls me onto his lap and wraps his arms around me. "Everything'll be okay. I promise."

"I know." 

He kisses me lightly and picks me up. "I'll see you in a little while then." He sets me down at the bathroom door. He flashes a quick smile and leaves.

"Might as well get packing now." I grumble to myself as I start the shower. As I wash my hair, I finally let the tears go ahead and slip out. This is going to be so hard. I think to myself. I'm not ready to go. No, dear lord Renee you are such a wuss. What's with all of the freaking crying here lately!? What the heck is wrong with you? Oh my gosh, what is wrong with me, now I'm even calling myself crazy.

I finish my shower, dry off, get my hair and make up fixed up, put a cute dress on with tights and boots and head to Kelsey's room.

I go ahead and allow myself in, and see that her, Cher, and Whitney are sitting around the small table in the corner of the room, deep in conversation.

"Umm, have you guys heard?"

They all nod gloomily.

"Guys, it'll be okay. I mean, Niall said that we'd more than likely get top come back in a few weeks or months anyway. I think it'll be good to go back and catch up on a little work." I  enthusiastically utter, trying to stay positive.

"I guess..." Cher mutters.

"Come on, Cher. I'm sure you'll wanna go back and see Oliver don't you?" She just shrugs. "Well, I'm going to go help the guys start getting ready. You guys should come." I say, shrugging it off, as I walk out the door.

I walk down to their room to hear for the first time since the incident, silence. They both must not be in the room together. I see that the door is standing wide open, Niall and Louis sitting on the bed, looking as if they were on the verge of tears. 

"Hey... What's going on?" I ask as I sit down, beginning to worry.

"Things are freaking falling apart, that's what's wrong!" The usually calm Louis shouts.