Chapter 27

*Renee's POV*

     "What the heck are you doing?!" I yelled.

     Niall gulped. "I-I was just-um, I was just talking to Ryan. He's a really nice guy! Definitely a keeper!" He laughed a nervous laugh.

     "What about? Why do you have him jerked up off the floor by his shirt collar?" I tried to sound calm even though on the inside I was really pissed off.

    "Just, showing him some-um-self defense techniques?" It sounded more like a question than an answer.

     "Is this true Ryan?" I glanced over at him. Niall still had him by his shirt. "Put him down Niall. It looks like you're choking him." I said bluntly.

     "Yeah, just self defense. You know, sharing different ways of doing stuff. See?" He turned and kicked Niall in the groin. He doubled over in pain. 

     "Ryan! What the ell?!" I screamed and ran over to Niall. "Hey, are you okay? What can I do?" 

     "Just-help-me-get-up." He gasped out.

     I helped him up and supported him, he seemed to be in just that much pain. "What's going on? Like really, what's up with all of this?" I demanded.

     "Like we said, it's just self defense." Ryan said innocently.

     "Uh-huh." Was all I said. "I think you should go into the dining room and talk to everyone. You guys need some space." I pointed to Ryan to leave.

     "Niall, l know you'll be honest with me. What's going on?" I asked in a softer voice.

     "It's-I was just telling him not to hurt you like Brian had. I told him I really cared about you and didn't want you upset like that again." He looked down. 

     I didn't say anything, I just went and hugged him. "Really?"

     "Well, yeah. And then he started saying some crap about how I thought I could get you just because I was in the band and was famous. Well, it just pissed me off, so we kind of got into a fight."

     "I'm sorry." I gave him another squeeze. "I don't know what else to say."

     "You could say that you'd go out with me and leave that stupid, no good, piece of crap, bas-"

     I gave him a warning look. "Hey. Listen, I like him a lot. I need him and I don't want you running him off. I care about him way too much for you to go and mess things up." I said. I mean, I know it probably hurt him a little, but, it was something he already knew anyway, so... He'd just have to get over himself.

     "Excuse me? How the heck would I be the one running him off? I would never sabotage your relationship just because I love you." His face was getting really red. "If that's how you feel, then I won't bother you two again. I won't be around to mess things up. You clearly don't need me, you've got Ryan, right? Yeah, I won't bother you on the tour, I won't bother you period if that's what you want. Goodbye Renee." He said as he pushed his way out the door.

     Okay, that hurt. That was harsh. I finished up the dishes and sat down at the table. I didn't feel like going back in there right now. I felt the tears start to flow and I let them fall. Maybe he'd see me like this and take back the crap he had just said-apologize. Gosh, why does crap like this have to go down all the time? I lied  my head down on the table.

     "Renee? Are you alright?" Kelsey asked.

     "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?"

     "Um, because I heard you all fighting in here, Niall stormed out of the house to the front porch, and Ryan sitting in there pouting watching T.V." She said matter-of-factly.

     "Just a little disagreement is all." I said.

     "Yep. We'll talk later when you feel better. So, did Niall at least talk to you about the tour? Are you coming?" 

     I thought about how Niall said that he wouldn't bother me. The tears tried to show back up, but I wouldn't let them. "Yeah, I think I am." I said quietly. My voice cracked and she heard it.

     "Hey, it's going to be okay."

     "Yeah, I don't think so. I've pissed everyone off. Nothing's gong to be okay." 

*Niall's POV* 

     I'm just going to find me another girl. Not that anyone will ever compare to Renee, but... She's got Ryan. She needs and cares about him so much. Pssh. Screw him, I don't even know what she sees in him. Anyway, yeah, I'll find me another girl to try to help me get over Renee.

     She made it plain, she doesn't need me, so I don't need her. 

     I sat there and thought about all of this when someone knocked on the door and interrupted my thoughts. I got up to open the door.

     "Renee's here isn't she?" The guy asked.

     "Yeah. I guess you could come in." I said and then cursed under my breath.

     Why must life do this to me? It was Brian-of all people, why must he and Ryan be here at the same time?

     *****Hey guys!!! Vas happenin'? Okay, so how was that? I don't know, I think it's getting worse and worse. Anyway, I'm going to do a little test to see how many people actually bother to read these little notes I put at the bottom. If you read this, comment who you think Renee will pick, if you comment, I'll know that people are actually reading these 'cuz sometimes I don't think you all do. Anyway, love you all!!!!!! CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK, DON'T GIVE UP ON ME, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Next Update:720 reads; 70 votes; and 45 comments?

          COMMENT          VOTE          FAN

                                                                   Love, 

                                                                            Amber =)