Chapter 16

*****So sorry for the long wait!!! I've missed you all so much!!! Agh!! But thanks so much for all the reads, comments, and votes!!! Hey, keep it up!! Don't stop!!! Okay, love you all!!!!!!*****

     Just to refresh your memory:

          I was about to fall asleep. My phone went off and scared the piss out of me-literally, I peed myself. It was Ryan.

     "Umm, hello?" I said.

     "Hey Renee. You got a minute?" He asked.

     "Oh, yeah, I do. What do you need?" This was weird. We hadn't talked since we went to the mall together, I thought he was into Kelsey so I left them alone.

     "Well, I need to ask you something and tell you something really important." He said slowly.

     "Okay... Shoot." I said.

     "It's about you and Brian." He said.

     *Present time.*

     "Hmm, what about me and Brian." I asked. What the heck is going on?

     "Well, first off, I heard that you all had been fighting and I wanted to check in on you and make sure you're okay..." 

     How the heck did he know we had been fighting? "Oh, I'm fine. Thanks for asking and... caring." I said.

     "Oh, okay. Good. But um, do you want the question or the statement first?" Again, what the heck is going on?!

     "It doesn't really matter. Just go ahead and tell me whatever it is. You don't have to be shy around me, Ryan." 

     "Okay, I'll give the statement first. Well, um I just wanted to say that, if anything happens, you know, between you and Brian again, you can come to me to talk it out. I know we don't know each other all that well, but if you need me, I'm here." He got really quiet.

     Why the piss do guys keep telling me they're there for me if I need them? Like, do I just seem that weak on the outside that they just go ahead and take pity on me? I never thought I was weak, never. Maybe I am. I mean, I cry over every little thing. Like, what is wrong with me? I am a big, tough girl that doesn't need anyone, why do people assume I do? Oh my gosh, I sound like a freaking idiot. What the ell is wrong with me?! 

     "Renee? You there?" Ryan's voice brought me back to reality. I guess where I had been thinking, I got quiet.

     "Yeah, I'm here. Ryan, thank-you so much, for being there and being so concerned and caring. Now, what is it that you needed to ask me?" 

     "Yeah, maybe I don't need to ask it anymore. I don't think I should, I don't wa-"

      "Ryan, what the heck did you need to ask me?" I didn't mean to sound mean, but I guess it sounded that way. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean. But really, like I said, you can tell or ask me anything." I assured him.

     "I um-if you and Brian- if you and Brian ever-ever, um, if you ever break-up, which I don't think you will, and hope you don't, I mean I know how much you all care for each other. But anyway, if you all ever break-up, I'm here, if you-if you want me... If you get what I'm saying, like, if you decide you like me, then... Yeah." He is so awkward.

     I didn't see that coming. Why do guys like me so much? I'm just a fat, awkward, smart arse, no good girl. I think I'm pretty much useless, the only thing I've got going for myself is I can play the trumpet halfway decently. I am sooooooooo confused.

     "Oh, wow, thank-you, for that offer. I will definately think about it, but I hope we don't break-up either. So, yeah, um, thanks for that though." I said nervously.