Chapter 38

*Hey guys!! Long time, no see!! I'm really sorry I haven't got to update in like forever, but I've been really, really busy and just haven't had time. Anyway, thanks for stcking by me and still reading and stuff even though I never get to update. So, here's a little summary of what all happened in the last chapter because it's been forever. I hope you like the new update!!*

          So, basically what happened in the last chapter is this- Renee and Niall went to go see Ryan in the hospital. Ryan and Brian had got into a fight over Valerie-the girl Brian cheated on Renee with-getting pregnant. Renee's going to be there for Valerie because Brian is currently being a jerk. Then, Whitney calls Renee and says she wants to break it off with Niall. Okay, here's the new update! 

*Renee's POV*

     "What do you mean she's with Josh now?" 

     "She just said that she was going to be with Josh. She wants to go back to the ways you guys were before and she doesn't want it to be awkward."

     "Is that all she said?" I couldn't tell how he felt about all of this quite yet. 

     "She doesn't want to hurt you. She said she doesn't want to hold you back anymore. Also, she still wants to be with us on tour a lot because of Josh and because she says she'd really miss us all. Would you be okay with that?" I asked.

     He sat there quietly. "Of course. That'll be fine."

     "Okay... Do we need to talk about anything else?" I was really hoping that he'd suggest we tried to go out.

    "Not that I know of. I'll see you at dinner." He layed back down on his bed.

     "Okay. I'll see you in a little bit." I tried to hide the hurt in my voice.

     It's all going to be okay. I told myself. Niall was just taken aback by the suddeness of it all. It was totally unexpected. I was trying so hard not to freak out. You get to be with him now. The guy you've been wanting and needing for a long time now. You're not about to give up on him just because you feel the slightest bit discouraged. It'll all work itself out. Gosh you're such a freaking idiot. If he had wanted to ask you out, he would have done it when you were giving him the good news. Or bad news to him, he may be really hurt. 

     I jumped off of my bed and went to his room yet again. Why should it matter if I'm hurt right now? If he's upset, you need to be there for him. 

      He was staring up at the ceiling. "Hey." I whispered. He turned and looked at me. "You okay?"

     "I'm fine. Why?" 

     "I just didn't know and I felt like I should check on you." I said.

     "If you think I'm sad or anything, I'm not. I'm actually kind of glad."

      That automatically made me perk up. "Really?!" I tried not to sound too happy.

      "Yeah."

     "Okay, I'll stop bothering you. I just wanted to check on you." Mom yelled for dinner. "And it's time to eat so come on." I grabbed his hand and helped him up. 

      At this point, I didn't even care or not whether he wanted me to hold his hand. I was on top of the freaking world and he was not about to bring me down. 

*Niall's POV*

     So, Whitney was done with me.

     I was okay with that. I was ready to be done too, when she was. I was ready to ask Renee out. I hoped and prayed she would fnally take me. She wasn't in a relationship so if she turned me down this time, I would just give up hope.