Chapter 11

We woke up early the next morning to get ready for church. Today was going to be goo, church and then not have to do much of anything else, lay around and eat food. That's the way everyday should go. Kelsey had to go back to her house to get ready, so I was left alone. I don't know why, but lately things have been awkward between me and my parents so I was kind of dreading being alone with them. Mom was getting breakfast together, dad was reading the paper, so I got in the shower. After I got out, I headed downstairs and sat down at the table. Dad led prayer and we ate. We were beginning to run out of time so we all had to run around to get ready. We headed out the door and got in the car. When we got there, Liam and Kelsey were standing out in the parking lot, waiting. They motioned me over.

     "Hey, how are you this morning?" Liam asked as he gave me a hug.

     "Good, how are you? By the way, you look nice!" I complimented him.

     "I'm good, and thank-you!"

     "Well, what about me?" Kelsey asked.

     "You are very self-centered aren't you?" I said back.

     "No, no I'm not. I'm just a hormonal bitachit." She sassed.

     "Hey! Langage! We is at church!" I yelled at her.

     "Well, I am so sorry then!" 

     "Whatever, just get in the church, and you better be on your best behavior you two!" Liam ordered.

     We both made a face at him and went inside. We went and sat at the front like we always do. Liam followed, though he was clearly a little bit confused. When the piano and organ began to play, me and Kelsey got up and headed to choir. Liam stayed seated.

     "Um, what are you all doing?" He asked, once again confused.

     "We're going to sing in the choir, come with us." Kelsey said.

     "Okay."

    "You stand up there and just pay attention to what book and page number we are singing in." Kelsey explained.

     We began to sing and every now and then I'd look back to check on Liam. Every time he would shoot me a 'help me' look. I just gave him an apologetic smile and turned around again. Kelsey would just give me a goofy grin and keep on singing. She's such a good singer, I on the other hand, am awful. I love to do it, but I just absolutely suck! But I guess it was good to have Liam there singing with us today, because I could hear his beautiful, strong, BEAUTIFUL voice over everyone else's. When we were finally let out to go to class, we all headed into the teen class and sat down, Kelsey and Liam to my left, and Brian, who I had not seen come in, to my right.

    "Okay, take your Bibles and turn to Genesis chapter one. Now, I know all of you know of how God made everything in the first six days and then rested, but I think everyone enjoys studying it so we'll just go over it all again." Kenny, our teacher said.

     I was so thankful that Kelsey had thought to lend him a Bible, so now she was helping him find where we were at. Liam was struggling, that was obvious, but he seemed to be learning and enjoying being here, which I thought was great. We discussed all of what God had made in the first days and finally the bell rang. It was mine and Brian's day to help out with the nursery downstairs during preaching, so we headed downstairs.

     "Hey, how was your night?" Brian asked me sweetly.

     "Good, didn't get much sleep, Kelsey spent the night, you know how she is, she's all crazy and crap!" 

     "Yep, I totally understand." He responded.

     We made it down to the nursery where there were several teenagers already feeding babies and changing diapers. Cher was rocking a baby back and forth. She whispered a hey and motioned us over.