Chapter 10

*****Thanks, Katie for the phenomi-NIALL cover!!!!! Love ya!!!*****     

     Liam came barging in with a red face, he was obviously upset, even a little mad. He looked like he was ready to cry. It probably wasn't helping that there were a bazillion girls behind screaming, crying, being emotional wrecks, following him.

     "Do what?" I asked him, trying to make him realise what he just had interrupted.

     "You hung up on me. You know how worried I was that you were doing something bad?" He asked.

     "Why does it matter. And you should know me better than that anyway." I sassed.

     "I just was worried. If you and Kelsey are going to be my responsibility for the next year, I want to make sure I can actually take care of you. It's not something I've ever had to do before, take care of someone other than myself." He said quietly.

     "There's no guarantee that I'm going yet." 

     "What do you think I've been working on? I've been talking to your parents, trying to get them to let you come. They don't think I'm responsible enough..." 

     "Come out here with me and we'll talk. Hey Brian, I'm going to talk to Liam for a minute, I'll be back in a in just a second. Kay?" He nodded and I gave his hand a tight squeeze. I walked out with Liam.

     "Okay, thanks for caring and all, but I don't get why you do. You've known me for barely over two days. Why? Why do you care?" I asked almost infuriated.

     "For one thing, you're Kelsey's best friend and I love Kelsey, so I want her to be happy, if she wants you there, I'm going to try my hardest to get you there. For another thing, you remind me of one of my sisters, I don't know why..." He said.

     "Well that's sweet, but didn't you see what you did? Didn't you think before, because I know you saw what was about to go down."

     "I know, I almost stopped, but I didn't want him to hurt you. You know when you spent the night with me in my room, you kicked and screamed. You yelled repeatedly, 'Brian, please, please! I don't want to see you like that ever again..." 

     "Did I really do that?"

    "Yeah, I knew you really cared for him when you did that. I was just afraid he might try something else to break you again." Liam said shyly.

     "Wow. Umm, well it's okay now, I promise. And thank-you for everything, really." I said with a smile.

     "Okay, good. So if you all are ready to go home, I can drive you."

     "No, mom'll be here to pick me up in about an hour. Thanks though. I don't know about Kelsey though, she may be ready."

     "Okay, just call me if you need me." He stood up and reached out his hand to help me up. I took it, he gave me a big hug and whispered, "Be careful Renee, love you. And I hope you're not mad at me..." He gave me a tight squeeze and walked off.

     I stood there dumbfounded for a few minutes. Wow, I had no idea. I then decided that I should go back in there to Brian, except he was standing right there at the door, waiting, probably eavesdropping.

     "Hey." I said.

     "Why were upset, you know, about me?" He asked.

     "I didn't really know how you were going to react to Ryan and stuff. Then, when I told you about it, you sounded upset, hurt, and I was just afraid you were going to get so mad, that you would leave me..."