Chapter 29

Days passed and now it was New Year's already. I would go back to school in two days and then a week after that, on tour. Right now it's just all a little overwhelming for me.

     The rest of the guys showed up shocked to see Niall there already. Me and Niall are okay now, still a little tense at times, but okay. We went over everything and were ready to leave in a few days. They all helped us pack everything we would need and then had to leave again. Right now I was sitting on my bed talking to Ryan on the phone.

     "I know, but I guess we'll both just have to learn to manage." I sighed. He had kept going on and on about what we would do while I was away. 

     "I guess so..." The line got quiet. "I'm going to miss you. Anyway, I'll let you go, love you Renee." He hung up.

     Okay...

     Today was my third day back to school, so now I only had two more before we officially left. Mom and  Dad have made sure they are always home when I'm home. I'm really going to miss them, not getting to see them every night, sitting there and talking over supper-it's kind of upsetting. 

     I was sitting at the lunch table waiting on Kelsey and Cher to show up. They were always late. Someone sat down beside me and I assumed it was one of them. It was Brian.

     "Hey, what's up with you sitting alone?" He asked as he dug into his sandwich.

     "Brian, you sat with me and Kelsey and Cher for just about six months, you know they like to take their time." I said.

     "Okay, then I'll wait." 

     "Wait for what?" Now I was curious.

     "Nothing." He looked off to see if he could find them.

     I started to look around myself and spotted Ryan sitting with some of the guys in his homeroom. Okay, that upset me a little. I'd be gone in a few days and I wanted to spend some time with him before I left.

     "I'll be back in a second." I got up and walked over to where he was sitting and sat down. He looked up surprised. "Hey, whatcha' doin'?" I asked.

     "Oh, hey. I'm just sitting here. Why?"

     "I just wanted to be with you some before I left... Unless you don't want to. And what's up with you hanging up so abruptly last night?"

     "Well, I don't really know. I'm sure it was nothing." He turned back to talk to the people he was sitting with.

     I tapped his shoulder. "Um, I'm sure it was something. What's up with you, do you not want to talk to me or what is it?"

     "It's nothing, and of course I do. We'll talk about it later." He went back to his group and I let it go. I got up and stormed off to my seat next to Brian. Kelsey and Cher were sitting across from us by now.

     "You okay?" Cher asked.

     "Yeah, of course I'm fine." I turned to see three confused faces looking my way. "It's nothing." I bowed my head to say my blessing over my food. When I looked up, they all still had the same baffled looks on their faces. I started to eat my food like I had no idea what was going on.

     "Well, then, here ya go!" Brian handed each of us a box. "The entire school wrote letters or made cards wishing you luck while you're away!"

    "Wow, this is so sweet!" Cher squealed.

     "Yeah, everyone pitched in. We're all excited for you guys." He winked at me.

     "I'll have to go home and write everyone a thank-you note." I said.

     That night when I got home, I went through all of my letters and not a single one of them were from Ryan. It upset me, I won't deny it. I don't know what the ell I've done to make him mad.

      Mom woke me up the next morning before she left. I had tried calling Ryan to see what the heck was wrong with him the night before but all of them were ignored. I was really ticked off right now and felt like I could rip his freaking head off. Oh, crap, what's my problem?! Since when did I think like that?! Anyway, yeah, he'd messed me at the wrong time.

     When I got to school that morning, Ryan was standing there in the front door, talking to some freshman.

     ''We need to talk." Was all I said as I jerked him away and ran up the stairs to the annex.

     "What's up with all of this?" He sounded alarmed.

     "You know exactly what's going on! You've ignored me all this week, please tell me what I've done to piss you off!" I yelled. Okay, maybe that wasn't such a good idea. We were just above the gym so it echoed, and of course there were people in there, listening to everything I was saying.

     "Why get so attached to someone I care so much about when they're just going to leave me? Really?" He spat back.

     "I didn't know you felt that way. If you didn't want me to go,why not say something to me about it and we could've worked it out!"

     "It wouldn't have done anything, you're too in love with that Neal guy to care about anyone else." 

     "Excuse me?! Where the heck did you get all this crap from?!" 

     "I saw you all together on Christmas! You can't tell me there's nothing going on!"

     "Bull! You are such a freaking idiot! Like really!"

     "I know what l saw! It's all pretty obvious!"

     "Fine, you know what? Whatever, I don't want to do this, if you think I'd be that low to go and do someone just like Brian did me, then you're dumber than l thought. I'm going to class." I started towards the door when he grabbed my arm.

     "No, hold on. Maybe we just need a break, we can try to go out again when you get back, I don't want to hold you back from him or anyone else. I'll still love you and think about you all the time." He gave me a quick peck on the cheek and left. 

     I guess we had just broken up.

*Niall's POV*

     I have officially decided to look for someone else. Renee seems very content with Ryan so I won't bother her anymore with going out with me. I'll find me another girl, she may not make me as happy as Renee would have but... I just don't know what else to do. I don't think I'll be able to really look or hang out with her whilst we're on the tour when she's right there and I can't have her. All I can do is look for someone else to make me happy so I don't think about Renee as much. 

     Let the girl search begin.

     ******Hey guys!!!! Happy early Fourth of July!!! Well, I guess for Americans anyway. So, how's ya'll doin'?!!! I know it probably all seemed really confusing, especially Niall's POV, but ya know, I'm crazy!!!! Lln love you guys!!!!! Have a wonderful day you gorgeous people out there!!!*****

                                                                              ~Amber <3

     P.S.- Almost 900 reads, I is so happy!!!! I never thought I'd make it this far!!!!!! I love you all!!!!!