Chapter 39

*Renee's POV*

     "Hey, wake up. I have to talk to you. Please, will you wake up?! I might not get the courage to ask you this in a few minutes!" I hear someone whisper and shake my shoulder. Light trickles in from the hallway. I just want to sleep. "Please? Don't make me wait until in the morning." The voice pleaded.

     "Alright, alright. I'm up." I sat up, stretched, and flattened down my crazy hair. I opened my eyes to find his beautiful blue eyes staring down on me with a look of anxiety. "What do ya need?" I whispered as I sat up. 

     "Can we go some where more private?" He motioned around to Cher, Kelsey, and Whitney passed out in the floor and on the beds and couches. "I know they're asleep, but I don't want them to wake up and hear us talking..." 

     "Sure." I got up slowly and walked quietly to the door with Niall right behind me. He lead me down to the breakfast area and we sat down at a table. "What's up?"

      "Well, I guess you know about me and Whitney... Actually, you were the one to tell me first so... Anyway, I have waited forever to," He cleared his throat and ran his fingers through his hair. "-To ask you out. On a real date, as a real couple. I know I asked and tried some things while we were both in other relationships, but now that neither of us... Are anymore, what do you say? Will you be mine? If not, I won't ask you or pester you about it anymore. I'll leave you be and we'll be friends. I'll understand and accept whatever you decide." He cleared his throat again and kept his eyes to the ground. 

     I laughed out loud. He looked up at me with a look of bewilderment. I laughed again. He still had  a look of confusion. "Why'd you even bother asking? I just assumed that it'd be sort of an unspoken agreement. We've both waited long enough, you shouldn't have even asked, just went ahead and went with it. You seriously thought I might not feel the same way about you as you feel about me?" I laughed again. 

     A humongous smile spread across his face, then he blushed. "I don't know... I just didn't know how you felt." He timidly grinned again. "Okay then, what do you want to do now?" He stood up and pulled me up with him.

     "No offense, but it's 1:00 in the morning, I'm going back to bed. You should do the same." I playfully shoved his shoulder. 

     "I guess so... Anyway, I know you might want to tell the girls, but please don't. I don't mean anything by it, I just don't want the guys you know... To do what I think they will do." He laughed.

     "Okay, I won't." We walked down to my room. "I'll see you in the morning then. Night." 

     "Night." He hesitated. He started to walk away but came back and gave me hug. "I'm glad we're together." He whispered into my hair.

      "Me too."

*Niall's POV*

     It's been a week so far, but no one has truly found out. I've seen some suspicious eyes watch me and Renee but no one has said anything just yet. I didn't even tell the guys that me and Whitney broke up, though I think they might suspect something's going on. I feel like we need to tell them, and not keep secrets from them, but I don't know what else to do. We'd went on a couple of dates, but they never really notice'd that we were both gone.

     I was about to get a shower, I was taking Renee out tonight to the movies and then to go get some pizza, when Liam came bustling in my room.

     "Hey, what are you up to?"He plopped down on the sofa.

     "I was about to go get a shower. What are you doing?" 

     "Nothing... Me and the guys were thinking about going out by ourselves tonight. Let the girls to what they want, and we go do something ourselves. What do you think?"