Chapter 5 - Assigned Jobs

Instead of the knife hitting me as I expected, it hit the wall behind me with a loud clang, making stuff hung on the walls fall down. I opened my eyes in surprise, looking up at Dimitri, who was staring at the walls behind me with unreadable eyes.

He then looked down at me with a scowl on his face. "The only reason you're not dead is because my friendship with Devon is far more important to me than killing humans. But I'm not letting any of you survive for free."

He began undoing the straps that kept me down on the chair. Once he was done, he pulled me up. Grabbing my arm, he pulled me out down the hallway and it seemed as if we were going towards the cell where the rest of the girls were being kept. He then handed me off to a guard before walking off. The guard pushed me into the cell with the other girls, locking the door behind me.

"You're not dead! Why?" Shauna asked pointing an accusing finger at me. I glared at her. She was honestly such a bitch. It's because of me her stupid ass'll be saved. If I hadn't have gone after Thomas, none of us would be saved. She should be bowing down to me.

Pam and a couple other girls came to me and asked me what happened. I relayed the story in detail of everything that happened, leaving out the dream details. Every girl, including Shauna, listened intently to my story of what happened.

"So what is Dimitri going to make us do in exchange for our lives?" Pam asked me and I shrugged my shoulders as I had absolutely no idea.

"Was he hot?" Shauna asked causing me to roll my eyes. Is that all she cared about? I ignored her stupid question and kept conversing with Pam. We were listing things we thought he could make us do. As we were talking, the guards came and opened our cell door, in walked Devon with Thomas in his arms. Thomas immediately chirped up at the sight of me and jumped out of Devon's arms, running towards me. When he reached me, I immediately scooped him up in a tight hug. "You're alive!" Thomas whispered causing a few tears to slip out of my eyes.

"I am Thomas. I am." I whispered back rubbing Thomas's back gently.

"Bella." Devon said smiling at me. I smiled back, wiping my tears away. Just then Dimitri showed up with what seemed like a permanent scowl etched onto his face. A guard came walking behind him, announcing Dimitri as Dimitri Rae, the Demon King to all the girls before leaving. I noticed Shauna's eyes widen as a flirtatious smile appeared on her face. "Hi. I'm Shauna." She whispered in a seductive voice. Dimitri looked at her, giving her getup a once over. I couldn't tell if he found her attractive or not. I wouldn't be surprised if he did since she was pretty attractive and she did seem to have the perfect body, whatever society classifies as a perfect body, as I don't believe in a perfect body to really exist.

"I'm Dimitri Rae, as you all know now. I've decided to strike up a deal with all you girls. Devon, my stupid best friend doesn't want me to get rid of you girls and the little boy. And I've agreed. But I am not going to let any of you live for free. You all will-"

"I'm very good in bed!" Shauna chimed in, cutting Dimitri right off. Some girls quietly snickered at how stupid she sounded while I just mentally face palmed myself. "I'd make a very good mistress if-"

"I'd appreciate it if I wasn't interrupted." He said in a raised voice which shut Shauna up right away. "Anyways, as I was saying, none of you will live for free. All of you will work for your lives. All of you will take up a duty in this castle. I will assign you all jobs of what you need to do. If you all do as I say, you'll be allowed to live. But if any of you, even disobey me once, I will kill you. Not all of you of course. Only the offender. Is that a good enough deal? If anyone objects to it, I will have to kill you." Dimitri explained and I had to say it was a fair enough deal. No one thankfully objected and Dimitri finalized the deal.