Chapter 37 - So Perfect

The song had long finished but Dimitri and I still stood there, with my head on his chest and our arms wrapped around each other. Mine around his neck, while his around my waist. My eyes were closed but I knew he was still looking down at me as he had done so throughout the whole dance. I also knew everyone in the room was looking at us too because of how quiet it suddenly became. All you could hear were the faint sounds of the children playing in a little playroom made for them especially for during parties.

I decided to open my eyes and the first thing I saw was everyone staring back at us in shock. They were all looking at me in surprise and awe. The girls from before were eyeing me with completely disgusted looks but I didn't care because I had Dimitri with me while they didn't.

That's when I decided to look up at Dimitri. His eyes were glowing really brightly, like they were actually glowing. His eyes had definitely glowed before, but never to this extent. I didn't know if he knew his eyes were glowing but if he did, he didn't seem to think of it as something bad because he looked really calm as he stared down at me.

I felt awkward suddenly. I didn't know what to do and everyone was staring at me too, which didn't help at all. I awkwardly pulled away from him, staring down at the ground. Just then Devon spoke up saying it was time to cut the cake. Just then the biggest cake I have ever seen in my entire life got rolled out on a long cart. That's when all the attention left Dimitri and I, and went to the cake.

For the next half an hour, the cake was being distributed to everyone. And I was back to being really pissed off because all these girls were lining up all around him, trying to feed him the cake. At this point I didn't even care if I was letting my jealousy show or making a fool of myself. I was going to get those girls away from Dimitri no matter what.

I started stalking over to them with a plate of cake in my hand, when of course for like the millionth time I tripped, this time over someone's foot. My plate of cake went flying, hitting Dimitri, sliding all the way down the front of his shirt. Everyone around us, including me gasped. The girls had all moved away from Dimitri as they didn't want there own dresses to get dirty. This was definitely not part of the plan but it kinda worked, although not the way I had hoped.

"I am so sorry, Dimitri!" I exclaimed causing everyone around me to gasp even more.

Suddenly, the girl who had previously sat in Dimitri's lap spoke up in great disdain. "First you throw your cake at His Highness, and then you call him by his first name! Don't you have any respect? You could be severely punished for your actions against him! And you should be, you deserve to be! Never have I ever seen such low respect for His Highness." She practically spat in my face, the other girls agreeing with her. I would have admired the fact that they cared so much about their King's respect, but at this moment I was picking up tissues off a table. Once I had gotten some, I went over towards Dimitri and immediately started dabbing at his shirt with the tissue. "I'm sorry Dimitri, I tripped and the plate slipped out of my hand and-"

"It's okay, Izzie." He said causing me to internally smile a bit. I had to admit that I  really liked it when he called me Izzie.

"Your Highness, she called you by your name! That bitch should be punished for it." The annoying girl from before spoke up.

Dimitri turned to the girl from before with a glare on his face. "I am perfectly capable in telling whether one is disrespecting me or not. So I would really appreciate it if you could hold off on the input." Dimitri said in a final, firm voice.