Chapter 53 - By Believing

I fell out of the portal and onto the ground, back on Earth. I immediately got up and grabbed the portal keeping it open. I felt so confused. I didn't know what to do. Should I stay here on Earth, or go help someone I don't even know? But what would I do? What could I do if I went and helped? There was nothing. Especially since I didn't have my memories.

If I went and helped, not only would I be helping Rovana but Earth as well. But what was I supposed to do? How was I supposed to help? And what was I supposed to tell my parents? They'd be worried about me if I didn't show up back home. And I can't just leave this portal and go and tell them everything because first of all, they'd never let me leave hearing that I was helping the Demon King and second, the portal would close.

Why was this so hard? Why couldn't I just leave this portal? What was holding me back? I don't even remember anything. I don't have anything to fight for.

I closed my eyes really thinking hard about this. Would I really regret everything once I got my memories back? Did I love Dimitri that much? I felt the strong bond we shared. It was so strong that even when I had no idea who he really was, I still didn't want to let go.

I decided I would go back. Yes my parents will be really worried but in the end, if I do succeed, not only would I have helped Dimitri but Earth as well. They'd understand that. As for my friends, it wasn't their first time getting drunk somewhere and having to find someone to drive them back home. They'll figure something out.

I faced the portal really thinking through my decision. Did I really want to do this? I could so easily walk away and forget about this. Did I want to take this risk?

That's when I decided I'd go and get Devon to explain every little detail to me. How the Shadow got stuck inside Dimitri? How Dimitri had lasted so long with the Shadow inside of him? Why it was now that he was deciding to make his decision to surrender himself? What the Shadow really wanted? I had so many questions. And then once all my questions were answered I'd decide whether I wanted to stay or not.

I closed my eyes and jumped back into the portal, hoping the decision I made was right.
The darkness hit me again and soon I tumbled back onto the ground in the hallway. I got off the ground, groaning in pain at my ankle.

I looked around wondering where I could find Devon. This castle was absolutely huge and I had no idea where to go. I didn't want to run into Dimitri because I knew he'd send me down again.

I started walking when I heard a voice behind me. "I knew you'd come back." It was Devon. I immediately turned around to find him smiling at me.

"I... I realized that this was important for me to do. Not just for Dimitri or Rovana, but Earth. This battle between the humans and demons has gone on long enough. This supposed battle I should say because it really isn't a battle. Dimitri has no choice but to kill as you told me. But, I have questions. A lot of them. I need you to explain everything to me." I said causing Devon to nod his head as he held his hand out for me to take.

"Come. Let's sit and talk." He said pulling me along with him to a room. We both sat down on a couch and I launched into asking him all the questions I had. And I learned so much.

I learned of Dimitri's story about his parents and how he lost them both to the Shadow. I learned how Dimitri has to kill a human once in a while to keep the Shadow satisfied otherwise he'd be painfully punished. I learned that the only way the Shadow can take over Dimitri is if Dimitri kills a certain amount of people. From what I got from that is, committing a certain amount of sins, committing evil makes the Shadow inside of him stronger.