Chapter 29 - I Won't Let You

Dimitri carried me up into his room, gently resting me down on his bed. I was sobbing, holding onto my side which hurt like crazy. Dimitri gently lifted my hand away from my wound, before lifting my shirt up, revealing it. He rolled my shirt up to my bra line. He then found a cloth which he pressed against my wound, trying to stop the blood.

I cried out at the contact of the cloth against my wound as it hurt a lot. "Sorry." Dimitri said as he looked up at me with concern in his eyes. "You're bleeding so much!"

I whimpered in response causing Dimitri to look up at me again, resting his left hand against my cheek. "Hey, you'll be fine. I promise." He whispered soothingly.

He removed the cloth away from my wound as it was completely soaked up and pressed a clean one on top. "Isabella, listen. You're bleeding too much and this isn't good. You could have significant blood loss. I need to heal your wound right now and I know it's going to hurt. But it's necessary." He said causing me to protest. I whimpered at the thought of the pain.

He removed the cloth and pressed his hand against my wound. "N-no Dimitri! Please d-don't!" I cried out in fear from the pain.

"Isabella, I have to. You're losing too much blood. You already look really pale. I'd rather not cause you more pain than necessary but it's needed." He said, asking me for permission.

I shook my head no, tears falling down my face. "Please Isabella!" He said, pleading me with his eyes to say yes. I shook my head no again.

"Isabella, just say yes. Because I'm doing it no matter what you say, but I'd feel better knowing you said yes." He said as he pressed his hand down on my wound causing me to cry out at the contact. "No Dimitri!" I cried out.

"I'm so sorry Isabella." He whispered before the most painful pain shot up through my body causing me to scream out.

"Dimitri please stop!" I cried out as the pain kept hitting me in waves after waves. I tried to push his hand away but it wouldn't budge. The pain was so strong that I couldn't find the strength to focus on pushing his hand away.

"Dimitri!" I screamed out, as I kept trying to push his hand away. Dimitri finally listened and pulled his hand away, the pain lessening greatly.

Dimitri then took a cloth and wiped away all the blood from my waist. I looked down and saw that the wound wasn't healed yet but the blood had stopped pouring out. "I'm so so sorry Isabella." Dimitri said, as he looked up at me, discarding the cloth.

"It's okay." I whispered as I wiped my tears away, more falling in their place.

"If you would let me, I can heal this wound further on. But if you don't then I'll just stitch it up for you. Whatever you want me to do." Dimitri said, looking to me to tell him what to do next.

"Stitching will hurt a lot too. Can you just bandage it?" I asked, as I wiped more of my tears away.

"I can if that's what you want. Although stitching it up would help it heal faster." Dimitri said but I denied the stitches again. "I don't have actual bandages since us demons don't ever need medical care since we can heal ourselves. But I'll see if I can go find something that could work as bandages." He said before he got up and left to go find some bandages.

In the meantime, I closed my eyes trying to will the horrible pain away. I suddenly felt someone come and lean down beside the bed. I opened my eyes and saw it was Kenneth who had a very guilty and concerned look on his face. "Isabella." He started as he grabbed my hand into his. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen. I warned you to stay away but you didn't listen. You never listen."