Chapter 35 - The Surprise Party

It was the day of Dimitri's birthday and I was waiting for my dress. There was about 3 hours left for the party to start and all the girls, including me were told to get ready by Devon. I had just took a shower and was waiting in only my towel.

A girl named Patricia soon came in with my dress and my eyes widened, my mouth dropping open at the sight of it. It was love at first sight. The dress was absolutely gorgeous. "Do you like it?" She asked me quietly, causing me to immediately nod my head in approval.

"I love it!" I exclaimed as I took it from her and inspected it from up close. "Tell Devon that I said thank you and that I think it's absolutely stunning."

She nodded her head smiling before she handed me two boxes. "What's this?" I asked and she replied saying one box held my jewelry while the other box held my heels. I smiled, thanking her before she left.

I set the box of jewelry down on the table and turned to look at my beautiful dress. I felt so excited to wear it. It was so pretty. The dress was a bright dark blue color, flowing out all the way down to the ground. The front was made of lace and there was detailed embroidery around the waist and down near the hem of the dress. The back also had a circular cutout. All in all, this dress was one of the most prettiest dresses I've ever seen. And I felt so lucky to be able to get the chance to wear it.

Once I was done obsessing over the dress, I took my towel off and decided to wear a robe since that would make it easier for me to do my hair and makeup. I was very excited to do my hair and makeup because ever since I came to Rovana I haven't been getting the chance to do so. I loved doing makeup and hair, it used to be a hobby of mine. I used to always do my friend's hair and makeup. Hair and makeup has always been my way of showing my creativity. And now I was finally getting the chance to do it.

I was kind of surprised that I had gone this long without doing my makeup especially. Back home, I'd never go anywhere without makeup. I needed at least some mascara to feel good about myself. I know that's not good but I feel really self-conscious without a little bit of makeup. So I felt really proud of myself to be able to go without makeup for so long, even though I didn't really have a choice.

Anyways, I sat down and looked down at all the new makeup Devon had gotten ordered for us. I immediately started on it and got it done soon enough. I was really happy with the outcome of it. I had done a smoky eye and my lips were a pretty shade of pink. I curled my hair before putting my dress, jewelry and black heels on. I then sprayed some perfume on before looking at myself in the mirror. I smiled, very satisfied with how I looked.

Devon soon came into my room when it was close to the time of the party. "Wow, you look gorgeous Bella!" He exclaimed causing me to smile and thank him.

"The other girls are ready too and I sent them down to the party already. All of the guests have shown up, so now our plan needs to kick in. You remember what you're supposed to do right?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"But Devon, many things could go wrong with this plan. If he realizes I'm wearing a dress, he'll know." I said causing Devon to swear.

"I did not think this through at all, didn't I?" He said causing me to shrug. "Just make sure he doesn't realize. Stay away from him."

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?" I demanded, really not sure if this plan was going to work at all.

"Staying away from him is a problem, huh? I didn't think you were that into Dimitri." Devon said with a smirk on his face causing me to sigh.