Chapter 26 - Come On Baby

Once I had some clothes on, I came outside the bathroom and slumped down onto Dimitri's couch beside him. I felt upset about Kenneth. How could he say that to me? How could he do that? I understand why he thinks I cheated on him but he should know I'd never do that. He should trust me. But everything's over now. Our relationship completely ruined. If that's how things were going to be like in relationships, then I never want to get into another relationship ever again. It hurt too much.

"You didn't even love him." Dimitri says, breaking the silence.

"Yes I did!" I exclaim back.

"No you didn't."

"Yes I did."

"No you didn't."

"Yes I did."

"No you didn't."

"Yes I did."

"No you didn't."

"Okay now we're just acting like 12 year olds." I say, turning to look at him with a pointed look.

"Maybe because you are a 12 year old. And you didn't love him." He says.

"Okay honestly, I'm going to smack you if you say that again." I say glaring at him in annoyance.

"You. Didn't. Love. Him." Dimitri said with dramatic pauses between each word, grinning when he was done.

I raised my fist back and punched him as hard as I could on the arm. I quickly regretted it as it hurt me more than it probably hurt him, but I tried to hide that and kept my face neutral. "Ow!" He exclaimed sarcastically in a mocking way. "No need to go all hulk on me."

"I will slit your throat." I growled out angrily.

"Wow, now you're turning into me. Guess you're learning from the best." Dimitri said causing me to punch him again. "Your punches honestly feel like your poking me." Dimitri said annoying me even more.

"Why are you so annoying?" I ask.

"Because you just are." Dimitri said causing me to look at him weirdly.

"That made no sense." I say, raising my eyebrows at him.

"It made perfect sense. You're just dumb." Dimitri said, chuckling when he saw the glare on my face.

"I am not dumb!" I exclaimed smacking his arm again, but more playfully this time. He smiled lightly at me before shaking his head to himself. "It's true!" I said causing him to give me the look. I rolled my eyes at him causing him to chuckle again.

All of a sudden it became really quiet again. Dimitri and I both seemed to be thinking. My thoughts kept jumping from Dimitri to Kenneth and back to Dimitri. I decided to push Kenneth away from my thoughts and focus on figuring out Dimitri. I needed to help him, that was apparent. Not just to help him but to help all of us as that's what Esther said. But I just had one problem. How to do it?

No one was willing to tell me anything. How was I supposed to do anything if no one told me anything?

I had to somehow get it out of Dimitri. I needed him to tell me. Only he could.

That's when a thought occurred to me. His family. Maybe if I told his family that I could help him and tell them what Esther told me, then maybe they'll tell me about Dimitri. But I needed Dimitri to tell me about his family first.