Chapter 32 - My Gradual, Beautiful, Unexpected Love

I ran out of there so fast, running right into Pam. "Hey Isabella! Are you ok?" She asked and I quickly nodded my head, trying to smile at her, but I knew it just came out as a grimace.

"I'm fine. Perfectly fine." I said, breathing heavy before I told her I had to go. She gave me a confused look but nodded her head and proceeded going where she was going. Once she left, I rested my back against the wall closing my eyes and calming myself down, slowing my heart beat down as it was going crazy at the thought of Dimitri.

I didn't know what to think anymore. What was wrong with me? Did I like Dimitri? The Demon King? How was this possible? I mean I did like him in my dreams but that was so long ago and those were just simply dreams and nothing more. And that was also when I didn't know he was the Demon King himself. One thing I didn't get was how could I like Dimitri right after Kenneth? I couldn't. This wasn't possible.

"Isabella." I heard a male voice softly say. I tensed up, immediately recognizing it as Dimitri's. I kept my eyes closed as I couldn't bear to look at him. I felt his hand rest on my shoulder causing me to shiver and pull away from him. I then opened my eyes, not being able to help it. I took a step away from him as I realized how close he was standing next to me. I could see the hurt showing in his eyes, making me look away. "Isabella, did I do something?" He asked with concern and I shook my head, feeling really uncomfortable and nervous.

"You ran out of there as if I was about to hurt you or something. And then I asked Devon if you were okay. But all he said was that you were confused and upset about something, and that I should come and check on you to make sure you're alright." Dimitri said causing me to think of a million ways to kill Devon.

"I'm fine." I stiffly replied before turning around to walk away. I needed to get away from him. Fast. I took two steps when I felt his hand suddenly wrap around my wrist and pull me back into his hard, muscular chest. I tensed up again, trying to pull away from him but he kept his grip firm, not letting me go.

He was holding my left wrist in his left hand, and had his right arm wrapped tightly around my waist, keeping my back pressed against his sculpted chest. I halfheartedly tried to struggle out of his arms but gave up eventually as I should know it would be next to impossible to get away from him.

"Isabella," He started quietly, his soft, gentle voice relaxing every single part of me. "Are you scared of me?" He asked even quieter, as if he was scared of my answer. "Are you scared I'm going to hurt you?"

I didn't know how to reply to that. I wasn't scared that he was going to physically hurt me. But I knew I had feeling for him and that was what I was scared about. I was scared about my feelings for him. I was scared of being emotionally hurt by him.

I felt him tense up at my silence. His hand that was holding my wrist, moved up to hold my hand. He gently caressed the back of my hand with his thumb, as he leaned his head in closer to my ear. "Isabella, I would never hurt you. You have nothing to be scared of. Isabella, you should know I wouldn't. How many times have I said I was going to hurt you, kill you, but never went through with it? Many times, right?" He said, his lips lightly grazing my ear as he spoke. "I can't hurt you Isabella. It's impossible for me to hurt you, to even think about hurting you. Please believe me Isabella."

I closed my eyes, knowing I was a goner. I liked him. I liked him so much. What I felt for Dimitri was a billion times stronger than what I have ever felt for Kenneth. Everything I had felt for Kenneth, was a trillion times amplified with Dimitri.

Dimitri was right. He'd always been right. I never loved Kenneth. I did like him but never loved him. Because this whole time it had been Dimitri. It had always been Dimitri. Ever since I was thirteen years old, when I first started having those dreams about him, I had liked him. And I have liked him ever since and have never stopped.

I was just too blind and dumb to realize what was staring me right in the eye this whole time. All I was focused on was finding love and Kenneth was the first person who had actually ever payed me any attention which was why I was immediately drawn to him. But love can't be found right away, in just two weeks like I had believed with Kenneth.

Love's gradual. Love's unexpected in the most beautiful way possible. And it takes time to build.

I wasn't sure if this was right to say or not, because I could be wrong again like I was with my feelings for Kenneth. But I was going to say it anyways because I felt so sure about this. A billion times more sure than I did with Kenneth.

Dimitri was my gradual, beautiful, unexpected love. It took quite a lot of time to build but it's there, it's solid and it's so real.

I started crying. I couldn't help it. I didn't know why I was crying but that I felt like it. I needed to cry. I felt scared. Especially knowing this was real. What scared me was how much power Dimitri had over me. How easily he could destroy me without even trying. And I knew this love was going to destroy me.

This wasn't some fairytale where I admit my feelings for him and he feels the same way, resulting in us living happily ever after. This was reality. And in reality, there weren't very many happy endings. And I certainly couldn't see any happy endings for me.

He was a Demon, I was human. He ruled over all of Rovana, while I was a measly, pathetic human girl who had no purpose in life. He was being taken over by Shadows, slowly being succumbed to the darkness, trying to fight for his life, while I just stood here not being able to do anything. He endured so much pain, and I was the cause for it. I loved him, but he didn't feel the same.

I felt him turning me around in his arms. Once he completely turned me around and I had gotten a glance at him, I shut my eyes. He was beautiful. He was too beautiful. It hurt to look at him.

I felt him reach up and gently wipe my tears away. He then placed his fingers under my chin, gently lifting it up, causing me to open my eyes and look up at him. He was inches away from me and it made my heart pound. "I would never hurt you." He whispered causing more tears to fall down my face. "Isabella, please don't cry. I'll leave you alone if that'll make you feel better. I'll do whatever, just don't cry."

I grabbed his hand and pulled it away from my face. I then leaned in and pressed my face against his chest, wrapping my arms around his waist. I could tell Dimitri was surprised but he wasted no time in wrapping his arms around me as well. " Just save yourself. That's all I want. For you to save yourself." I said as he gently stroked my hair, running his fingers through the dark strands in a calming way. I closed my eyes, enjoying his touch, letting it calm all my nerves.

"I'll try my best Isabella, but no promises." He spoke calmly, as he leaned down and kissed the top of my head. I felt so many things from that small little kiss. I felt like I was going to go insane with wanting Dimitri. I wanted him to kiss me everywhere, and to never stop.

He grabbed my hand and brought it up to his mouth, pressing a kiss on my palm. I closed my eyes, enjoying the feel of his lips on my hand. Once he let go of it, I rest it against his cheek, feeling the slight stubble there. I slowly moved my hand around and hesitantly brought my fingers to rest on his smooth plump lips. I stroked his lips, opening my eyes to see Dimitri staring down at me as I did so. "Don't ever be scared of me." He whispered against my fingers, causing me to close my eyes again. As I was pulling my hand away from his lips, he reached up and grabbed my fingers, kissing them, before letting go. He then wrapped that arm around my waist, tightening his grip on me.

We stood like that hugging each other for who knows how long. But I didn't care. All I cared was that I was in his arms and we were together.

* * * * * *

Sorry for making this short. I found some time and decided to update. But anywho, I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)