Chapter 41 - You'd Taste So Much Better

We pulled away when we realized how late we were to dinner. Dinner wasn't allowed to start until Dimitri was there so everyone must have been starving. I quickly brushed my hair out as it was a complete mess. Once I was done, I turned around, blushing a little when I noticed how intently Dimitri was watching me. "Hurry up Izzie, I'm hungry." He said as he opened the door, motioning for me to walk through first. "Althooough." He said, stretching the word out as he spoke. "I really wouldn't mind staying up here and eating you out for dinner instead."

My eyes widened instantaneously at what he said, my cheeks heating up turning the colour of a firetruck. I quickly walked out and turned around to look at him. But his back was facing me as he locked the door behind him. He then turned around and gave me the most fake innocent look ever. "What?" He asked, trying to hold his smile back. I just kinda stood there gaping at him.

He chuckled before grabbing my hand and pulling me along with him down the hallway. We walked in silence giving me a moment to think. To think about what was going to happen between us. He didn't want to be with me because he was scared he would hurt me if he loses control, and the other problem is he'll die soon if we don't figure something out fast enough. It seemed like the whole universe was against our being together. I hated this so much. Why did we both fall for each other when we can't even be together?

I glanced up at Dimitri and he seemed to be in deep thought too. I really wondered what he was thinking.

We soon reached the dining room and everyone was complaining about how hungry they were. Once they saw Dimitri enter, they shut up. Then, everyone's gaze wandered down towards our hands which were held together, causing me to blush a little. Pam looked really surprised when she saw that. Then she looked up at me and smiled happily. I grinned back before waving at Thomas who was trying to get my attention.

Dimitri pulled my chair out for me, motioning for me to sit. "Thank you." I said as I sat down. He then pushed my chair in before taking his own seat.

"This food is really good." Dimitri said after taking a bite. He then got really close to my ear and whispered, "But you'd taste so much better. If only you had let me ea-"

"Dimitri!" I exclaimed cutting him off. "Stop thinking such dirty thoughts!"

Suddenly it became really quiet as everyone heard what I said. "How do thoughts become dirty? Did Dimitri's thoughts roll in mud?" Thomas asked innocently causing everyone to laugh, except me because I was embarrassed and Shauna of course because Shauna hates everyone but herself.

"Thomas, eat your food." I said as the laughter died down.

"And you can shut the hell up!" I whispered, pointing an accusing finger at Dimitri. He smiled, grabbed my index finger and kissed it before going back to eating. I glared at him as he continued eating. After a few seconds he looked up at me and met my gaze, grinning.

"Jealous that I'm eating this food and not you?" He asked, causing me to smack his arm.

"What is wrong with you?" I whisper exclaimed. "You're never this dirty-minded, but suddenly your thinking all these thoughts."

"I'm not suddenly thinking these thoughts. I've always thought them. I've had so many dirty thoughts about you, it's insane. And I wouldn't mind trying some of them out with you in the future. Or maybe all." He said winking at me.

"If there even is a future." I mumbled as I took another bite of my food. I glanced up at Dimitri and he wasn't smiling anymore. He looked kinda angry at himself.