Chapter 11 - Unproven Theories

Hey guys, check out the awesome cover @nightcreaturess made for me!! I put it up on the side :)

* * * * * *

I was so angry with Dimitri. How could he so easily talk about killing an innocent child? What was wrong with him? He was more messed up than I thought. How could someone be that messed up? How could he enjoy killing? I didn't get it. What did he get out of killing humans? What did he accomplish?

There was once a time when there was peace between demons and humans. Demons were actually welcome on earth and humans in Rovana. Humans would help demons if they ever needed help and demons would help us humans. But that was more than two centuries ago when Dimitri wasn't in rule over Rovana, according to our history books. Demons have been our enemies for the past two centuries ever since Dimitri took over. He's been ruling for two whole centuries now. No one nowadays is quite sure why Dimitri is against humans. There have been many theories that stemmed from books written two centuries ago, when Dimitri first took over.

One theory was that Dimitri once came down to earth and a couple of scientists kidnapped him to perform scientific procedures on him, but technology wasn't even that advanced two centuries ago so I'm sure that's completely incorrect. And I'm sure it would be impossible to kidnap Dimitri.

Another theory was that a human killed someone beloved towards Dimitri like a family member or lover or someone. That could very well be possible.

The third theory was that he just didn't like the idea of demons befriending humans. That he simply thought demons were better than humans. And I don't really think that's true. I don't know why but I feel like Dimitri isn't really like that.

Maybe he's just completely messed up and actually does kill humans because it's a hobby of his. Who knows?

I quickly made Dimitri's bed, wanting to get out of his room before he showed up. I didn't want to see his face. But when I was done, I remembered that the second thing on the list was to clean his closet and I had to go ask him about that, since he said a certain part of his closet. I groaned not wanting to talk to him at all.

Just as I was about to leave his room to go find him, he showed up and I immediately glared at him. "Show me what part of the closet you want me to clean." I demanded and he scowled.

"Don't order me around. I'm the King, not you." He grumbled, motioning for me to follow him to his closet.

"Well, I bet I could be a better King than you. Let's just be real here." I said causing him to stop and turn to look at me with a deeper scowl on his face.

"Just shut the fuck up, and clean my damn closet." He said pointing at one side of his closet. "Sort everything out here. I want my shirts in one place and my pants in another. And anything else that doesn't seem to fit, find a place for it."

"Just shut the fuck up and clean my damn closet." I imitated him in an annoyingly girly voice before saying, "Whatever."

As I walked past him, he roughly grabbed my arm slamming me against the wall, pinning me there with one arm. "You're fucking pissing me off!" He growled in a low angry voice. He grabbed my chin in his left hand, holding it tightly. He pulled my face up so I was staring straight into his angry blazing eyes. He then slid his hand down to my neck applying pressure there, showing me just how strong he was and how he could snap my neck in just a few seconds. "If one more annoying word comes out of your fucking mouth, I will not hesitate in snapping your neck." He threatened me, his eyes glowing in anger.

I was scared, very scared. I knew he wouldn't hesitate in snapping my neck and so I nodded my head, even though I didn't want to. He then left me alone, leaving me to clean his closet. I could feel tears prick my eyes but I quickly blinked them away. I instead immediately got to cleaning.