Chapter 43 - Dead End

"Isabella!" I heard Dimitri yell my name angrily from his room as I ran. I actually couldn't believe I just did that. Like what was I thinking? He was so going to kill me.

I ran into my room, slamming the door shut and resting myself against it. My heart was beating really fast and my breath was coming out slightly heavier. I laughed to myself at what I just did. I remember watching this exact same thing unfold in a movie. I never thought I'd ever re-enact it. I couldn't believe I did that. If my friends back home found out I did something like this, they'd think I was a whole other person, considering I'm a virgin and plan to stay one until I'm married. They'd be more than shocked. I was more than shocked myself too.

I decided to go take a shower and change into my pjs since I was still wearing my normal clothes. Ten minutes later, I was done and ready to go to bed. I wanted to go and sleep beside Dimitri, but I was kind of scared to go back because I'm sure he was still very angry at me for what I did.

Taking the chance, I decided to go back. Once I had reached his closed bedroom door, I took a deep breath and slowly opened it. I peeked inside and noticed him not there.

Suddenly his bathroom door opened and he walked out in only a towel, his muscular torso on full display and his hair damp. It seemed he had taken a shower as well. Once he noticed me, I grinned trying to look all innocent.

"You are so paying for what you pulled, Isabella!" He growled out, causing me turn around and run. I heard him start to run after me. What was scary was that he could easily catch up to me with his demon speed but for some reason he was letting me get away.

I ran down the stairs, glancing behind me to find him really close to getting to me, causing me to let out a scream and pick up my pace. I heard him chuckle and now I knew why he was letting me get ahead. He was finding it amusing watching me run away like this.

"You're finding this amusing aren't you? Watching me run away from you. That's why you haven't caught me yet!" I yelled back, a little breathless, as I made all sorts of crazy turns to confuse him.

"That and because you have a really nice ass." He said causing me to gasp.

"Stop staring at my ass!" I yelled back as I made some more turns, hoping they'd confuse him.

"That's impossible Izzie." He said, his voice coming not too far from behind me. I suddenly took a right turn and came to a complete dead end, causing me to mentally curse. This hallway was a few metres long and at the end was a window. Why the heck would there be a hallway with nothing in it? Who designed this castle? I'd like to know so I can bash their head in.

I stood at the very end of the hallway and turned around to find Dimitri standing at the other end with an evil smirk on his face, causing me to gulp in nervousness. "Well, well, well my sweet Izzie, looks like you've hit a very nice dead end." He said chuckling. "You can't escape me now." He smirked as he slowly made his way towards me. I noticed him still wearing his towel and was a bit surprised that it hadn't fallen off while he had been running. Not that I was hoping it would have.

I wracked my brain for ways to get away from him because I really didn't want to know what kind of revenge he had in mind. "What are you going to do?" I quickly asked, stalling for some time.

"Planning on punishing you a little, that's all." He said winking causing me to gape at him in shock.

"You can't be serious right now! Are you seriously into that?" I asked in surprise causing Dimitri to laugh.