Chapter 52 - No Point

Dimitri smirked at my blushing cheeks. "It's cute how you think I haven't seen what's underneath that sexy little dress of yours." He chuckled lightly as he leaned down, his hot breath lightly brushing over my skin, sending many wonderful shivers through me. "I've seen everything love." I blushed hard coming to the realization that everything Devon and Kenneth told me was true.

I couldn't believe that I loved Dimitri. Well actually that's not too hard to believe. But what's hard to believe is that he loved me too and that we were in a relationship. I didn't get how I could get someone as attractive as him to feel that way about me. It was insane to think. I was so sure this was a dream, but the pain I felt in my ankle said otherwise.

"Can I check?" Dimitri asked with a serious look on his face now as he grabbed onto the hem of my dress again. I couldn't believe it but I slowly nodded my head yes. I looked away as he slowly lifted my dress up, the cold air hitting my skin. He gently placed his warm fingers on a bruise on my stomach, causing me to feel slight pain. I finally decided to look at Dimitri, and he looked angry. Really angry.

"I bruise easily." I said, hoping that would lessen his anger. "I'm used to it."

"Used to it?" He growled out, my words seeming to fuel his anger even more. "Why the hell are you used to it? You shouldn't be!"

I pulled my dress down and sat up, pushing his hands away from me. "Why are you so angry? It's just a bruise." I said, not getting why he was so mad. "And besides, I'm the one with the bruise. Not you. So I don't get why you care." My eyes meeting his angry gaze straight on.

"I don't want to see you hurt. Ever. Even if it is a small bruise. And why wouldn't I care?" He asked sounding really defensive, pushing my hair away from my face.

"You're the Demon King! You've hurt so many humans. You've killed so many. I don't get why you'd care about a small bruise. Anyways, forget about that. I have to go back to Earth. My friends are waiting for me. I'm supposed to drive them home. Can you send me back?" I asked causing him to stare back at me in silence for a bit.

"Sure." He finally said, stroking my hair lightly. "Do you want me to fix your ankle for you first before you go?"

"No thanks, I'd rather not feel more pain." I said causing Dimitri to stare back at me wide-eyed.

"How do you know it hurts when I heal?" He asked causing me to shrug my shoulders. I just knew. Somehow, someway.

"I don't know. Lucky guess?" I said not sure why it mattered that I knew. "Can I go back home now?"

He didn't say anything except lean over and press his lips hard over mine. I gasped, my eyes widening at the fact that someone as hot as him was kissing me. And the Demon King of all people too. I couldn't believe it. I quickly got over the shock and closed my eyes, losing myself in him and his touch, completely surrendering to him. His lips moved so smoothly over mine, so in tune with me as if they were made just for me. His touch was feather light but it ignited a fire so bright and strong inside of me, it was beginning to consume me entirely. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing myself impossibly close against him, never wanting to let go. All rational thoughts left my brain as he kissed me, so desperately and passionately. Everything felt so right and perfect, I never wanted to let go of this moment. It was so perfect. He held onto me as if I was his everything, and I held tightly onto him the same way.

He began pulling away soon but I wouldn't let go. I didn't ever want to. I don't think I had ever wanted something as bad as I wanted him right now. He seemed to fill that empty void in my heart that I had been feeling these past couple days and the thought of letting go of him hurt. The thought of going back to Earth without him was really painful and I didn't get why. Maybe it was because I had loved him. Maybe because I felt so complete with him beside him. Maybe because he was the someone that I had always been looking for, the one that all my friends told me I'd eventually find. I didn't even remember anything about him, yet I could still feel the strong bond we had shared and still share.