Chapter 57 - That's A Promise

~ 1 Month Later ~

I felt so tired yet it felt like I had been sleeping for an eternity. I decided to open my eyes and cringed as the bright light hit my eyes. The light actually wasn't that bright, since only one of the lightbulbs was turned on, but to me it was very bright. I realized I was in a hospital when I noticed the heart monitor and all those wires stuck on my right arm.

That's when I realized something heavy on my stomach and I looked down to find Dimitri sleeping with his head laying on my stomach. Everything immediately came rushing back to me as I remembered everything that had happened. I remembered how Dimitri took my memories away and sent me away, only for me to come back and regain all those memories back. I remembered everything about the Shadow and how it took over Dimitri's body and hurt me. I even remember how I killed Dimitri to kill the Shadow.

I felt tears sliding down my face. Dimitri was still alive. I didn't kill him. He was still here with me. I lifted my shaking hand and ran my fingers through his soft hair as I gazed down at his face. He had dark circles underneath his eyes and his eyes looked puffy as if he'd been crying. He had a lot of stubble on his jaw and cheeks and his hair was sticking up all over the place. But despite all that, he looked really handsome as he always does.

I stayed like that, running my fingers through his hair for about a half hour. I wanted to wake him up but he looked like he really needed sleep so I let him sleep.

Soon enough (more like millions of years later) he finally woke up, rubbing his eyes. He then looked at me and his eyes widened when he saw me awake and smiling at him. He immediately got up and moved closer to me, grabbing my face in between his hands. He just stared at me for a few seconds, too shocked to do anything. "You're awake." He whispered, still very much in shock as he wiped my tears away with his thumbs. I nodded my head as more and more tears slid down my face.

He suddenly brought his lips down hard against mine and kissed me like he's never kissed me before. This kiss was deep and passionate as well as urgent and I soaked up all it's glory.

I missed him so damn much that it felt so good to be kissing him. I never thought I'd ever be able to do this again. I thought I lost him forever. I reached up to cup his cheek when I felt how damp they were. He was crying. I pulled away and wiped his cheeks with my fingers. I didn't like seeing him cry.

He rest his forehead against mine. "I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm so sorry I hurt you." He whispered as the tears slid down his face.

"Don't cry." I said as I stroked his hair, tears sliding down my face as well.

"I thought I was going to lose you." His voice broke as he spoke. He then closed his eyes and buried his face in the crook of my neck. "I hurt you so much. I'll never be able to forgive myself for it. I'm so sorry!" He spoke causing me to hold him tightly to me.

"It's not your fault, Dimitri." I whispered stroking his back. "All that matters is that we're both alive and okay." I said causing him to look up at me. I smiled at him, wiping his tears away. "Smile for me Dimitri." I said stroking his jaw, enjoying the prickly feel of stubble on my hand.

He slowly smiled, kissing the palm of my hand. I grinned back. I loved his smile so much. Just then we heard the door springing open. A nurse walked in and immediately rushed to my side when she saw me awake. Dimitri moved back so she could check me. "How are you feeling, Isabella?" She asked as she checked my blood pressure.