Chapter 16 - Forever Ruined

That night I went to my room to find Kenneth waiting there for me with Thomas beside him. "Hey!" I said, smiling at both of them. I bent down to give Thomas a hug and a kiss to the cheek, before I asked him how his day went. He happily told me the important parts of the day before I turned towards a smiling Kenneth. "And how was your day?" I asked and he grinned even more widely.

"Well, you see." He said, wrapping an arm around my waist. "I'm officially dating a very beautiful woman."

"Really now? I wonder who." I said winking at him while Thomas looked expectantly up at Kenneth.

"You have a girlfriend?" He asked and Kenneth nodded. "Who?"

"Isabella." Kenneth replied and Thomas's mouth dropped open. It was very funny actually.

"Really?" He asked and Kenneth and I both nodded our heads at him. "Then why aren't you holding hands? You're supposed to hold hands and say, I love you."

We both chuckled at Thomas's words. Thomas was honestly so adorable. "You're so cute Thomas." I exclaimed, bending down to kiss his cheek.

"Thanks." Thomas said causing Kenneth and I to start laughing. We found it so adorable and amusing that he actually said thanks. Kids usually never thank others when they are called cute and adorable.

"So I came here to ask you and Thomas, if you two would like to sleep in my room. I don't want you two to be staying with Shauna and I don't want you to sleep on the ground Isabella." Kenneth said making me smile.

"That's really sweet of you Kenneth, but we have two problems." I said, causing him to frown.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Where will Thomas sleep? And I don't want Dimitri to know about our relationship. He says I'm not allowed to socialize." I explained and Kenneth smiled.

"Dimitri won't know. And I have a sofa bed where Thomas will sleep." He said and I smiled, grateful that I didn't have to stay in the same room as Shauna and that I didn't have to sleep on the floor anymore.

"Thank you Kenneth." I said and he took my hand in his. I grabbed Thomas's hand as well and we all walked to Kenneth's room. Once we got there, Kenneth showed me that he had already transferred our clothes to his closet. I grabbed a tank top with a pair of shorts and went to the bathroom to change. I brushed my teeth before helping Thomas change his clothes. I then helped him brush his teeth before I helped him to his bed.

I tucked him in the warm comfy blanket, kissing him goodnight. I then turned towards Kenneth and noticed him taking his shirt off, causing me to blush. He then turned to look at me and smiled. "Get in and make yourself comfy." He said pointing to the bed. I obliged and crawled into his bed. And soon Kenneth came in too, turning the lights off, leaving only one small bedside lamp on.

Kenneth then turned to look at me and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed me on the forehead and we lay down. "Goodnight, Isabella." He whispered to me, since Thomas was asleep.

"Goodnight Kenneth." I whispered back and he turned the lamp off.

****

The next day, I spent my entire day in the library. I had completed all my tasks since I didn't have very many. I was trying to look for books on the Shadows, but there was nothing I could find. I didn't want to ask the librarian in case she freaked out if I mentioned the Shadows.

Kenneth soon came looking for me. "What are you doing?" He asked and I told him how I was looking for books.

"Books on what? Maybe I can help you find them." He said and I was a little hesitant to say it since Dimitri had gotten really angry and scared. So I wasn't sure how Kenneth would respond.