Chapter 34 - Preparations

Dimitri's birthday was tomorrow and Devon and I were so busy with the preparations. Things were absolutely hectic. And we were so hoping Dimitri didn't enter the party room or else we'd be absolutely screwed. We had set up a lot of people outside the room to make sure Dimitri didn't end up wandering down here. Although I couldn't think of a reason why he would. But who knows.

The room was absolutely huge and so we had a lot of work to do. Mary, Pam and the rest of the cooking staff were very busy cooking and baking. Devon and I were directing everyone where to set everything up. And all of Rovana was very pumped for tomorrow.
Everyone, except Dimitri because he had absolutely no clue. I'm surprised that we were actually able to keep it a secret for this long. Now, we just needed to make sure it remained that way until tomorrow night.

I was helping set up the balloons when someone came running warning us of Dimitri. He was coming down here. "Isabella go! Distract him!" Devon yelled causing me to groan. Why did it have to be me? Honestly.

"Isabella go right now!" Devon exclaimed, causing me to run out immediately. I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do and I was starting to panic.

As I was running, I bumped hard into Dimitri not noticing him as I was too busy thinking about how to distract him. Dimitri immediately wrapped his arms around my waist, preventing me from falling.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I immediately said, giggling nervously.

He smiled down at me. "It's all good." He replied.

"Dimitri, um I was uh wondering if..." I stopped talking because I had no idea what to say. "If you could um..."

"If I could what?" He asked, waiting patiently for me to say it.

"Um, you know I actually forget what I was going to say. I hate when that happens! It's so annoying!" I exclaim, in fake annoyance.

"Yeah, I hate when that happens. Let me know when you remember." He said, before he removed his arms around my waist. "Well I'll be off now-"

"No!" I exclaimed, grabbing onto his arm to make sure he didn't go near the party room.

"No?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I'm not letting go of you. Not until you make it up to me." I said, standing in front of him.

"Make it up to you? For what?" He asked confused.

"For that little stunt you and Thomas pulled on me. That was so unfair! You are so paying for that!" I exclaimed, tightening my grasp on his arm.

"Ok fine, your highness. What would you like for me to do?" He said, mocking me with a small amused smile on his face.

"So you're basically saying I'm the Queen! Which means you have to listen to everything I say!" I exclaim as I let go of his arm, causing him to laugh at me.

"Yeah the Queen of losers but okay." Dimitri said chuckling at the look I gave him right then. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I was kidding." He said, raising both his hands in surrender.

"Good, you should be." I stated, satisfied.

"Um, you do realize I was only kidding about the Queen part. You could never be a Queen. But don't worry, you're still a loser." Dimitri said, leaning against the wall.