Chapter 21 - 235 Years?

I walked inside feeling scared and nervous. Was Kenneth going to take me back or not?
Kenneth stood there waiting for me to start but I didn't know what to say.

"Well." He said, urging me to say something. "The clock's ticking."

"Kenneth... First off, I want to say sorry. What I did was wrong and horrible of me and I'm very deeply sorry about it. But I do want to tell you that Dimitri and I didn't do anything. Nothing except sleep on the same bed. You see something happened and Dimitri wanted me to stay in his room. I was originally going to sleep on the couch but then Dimitri suddenly came and picked me up, bringing me to his bed. He told me to sleep there with him. I told him that it wasn't right of me to do so because I was dating you. And that's when he asked me whether I was having sex with him. I answered no. He then said it was okay for me to sleep in the same bed as him because we weren't doing anything. And Kenneth, even though we didn't do anything I know that it was still so wrong of me to sleep in the same bed as another man. If I was in your place, I'd be pissed at me too. And I'm so sorry about it. So very sorry, you have no idea. Please forgive me and take me back. I understand if you don't want to take me back but please at least forgive me." I said in the most sincerest way I possibly could. I hoped so much that he would not only forgive me but take me back as well. But I knew that was wishful thinking.

Kenneth stared at me for a minute before he decided to say something. "Isabella, you may not have done anything with him but sleeping in the same bed with another man is still cheating. You shared an intimate moment with him and that hurts a lot. I had trust in you. And I'm not sure if I want to throw my trust in you that fast again." Kenneth said with a sad frown on his face.

"I'm so sorry Kenneth." I whispered as a tear slid down my face. "I wasn't thinking about how you would feel. I just thought that it was okay since I wasn't doing anything with Dimitri. Dimitri said the same. But I'm stupid and didn't think about you and your feelings. I'm really sorry Kenneth."

"Isabella, you're not stupid. You just made a mistake and I understand your intentions." Kenneth said as he walked up to me and wiped my tear away.

"Kenneth, please take me back. I love you, and I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed.

"Isabella, I want to. But I'm not sure if that's the right decision or not." Kenneth said with a frown.

"Kenneth, I made a mistake and I've learned from it. Please just give me another chance." I whispered, grabbing his hand in mine.

Kenneth sighed before he nodded his head. "Okay, fine." He said causing a huge grin to break out on my face. He opened his arms and I hugged him. We stood there in each other's embrace for a few minutes, just enjoying the way it felt to hold on to each other.

"Thank you." I whispered, smiling up at him. He smiled down at me before leaning in to press a chaste kiss to my lips.

******

The rest of my day was going pretty well, since Kenneth and I were back together. Dimitri didn't have much work for me to do. And I got the time to hang out with Thomas and Pam for a bit. Pam was such a sweetheart. She always volunteered to take care of Thomas for me since she usually had a lot of time on her hands. And Thomas was always happy to spend time with her. It was great.

Everything was great until Stark decided to approach me to set him up with Shauna. Pam was with me when he approached me about it. She let out a snort when she heard about Stark wanting to get with Shauna.

"Good luck with that!" Pam exclaimed in fake cheeriness.

"Um, I'm sorry but no one was talking to you." Stark said glaring at her.