drunken dragon

This one-shot is by xxxPenny on deviantart

Lucy lifted Natsu up with all her strength and swung his arm around her own shoulder to steady the drunken boy. She stumbled unsteadily out of the quiet and mostly dark guild hall and had to focus on holding Natsu's body up. His feet were all over the place and his steps had absolutely no plan on how to get moving forward.

"Geez Natsu, help me out a little, you're really heavy!" Lucy panted

"What..? Oh, you're taking me home?" Natsu muttered with his head bowed down to the ground from the heavy drinking.

"No, I'm taking you to my place, I can't carry you all the way to yours,"

"Oww, I think I've gotta-"with that said Natsu spewed up sake mixed with some gushy flames and collapsed on his knees, letting his stomach decide when he would breath again.

"Are you ok?" Lucy smiled when his gags stopped and bent down in front of him with her hand on his shoulder.

"I'm better now, thanks," Natsu took her hand and she helped him to his unstable feet.

"I think it would be best if you sat down for a while," Lucy guided him to the nearest bench and let him lean back to catch his breath. He sighed hard and let the fresh air fill his lunges as he tried to spit out the foul taste in his mouth.

Lucy stood in front of him with her armed closed around her body, it was late spring but the nights were still not warm enough for her taste.

"Are you cold?" Natsu moaned with clenched eyes as he buried his face in his hands, "Geez my face hurts!"

Lucy bowed down to him and saw in the vague moonlight that his cheek was as red as Erza's hair.

"I'm fine," She assured him. Natsu's hair was hanging down and covered up most his face so Lucy carefully brushed the pink strands away. Her smooth skin swiped over Natsu's sore cheek and he flinched slightly from the touch. He lifted his head to meet her eyes.

There was something different about her, something that startled him for a moment. Maybe it was all of the booze, or maybe it was the light that highlighted her feminine features, whatever it was, Natsu suddenly felt weird somehow. With her hand still brushing his hair that kept falling forward she was leaning in so close that he felt her heated breath on his skin, it stank of strawberry daiquiri, 'so typical you Lucy, always goes for the sweets,' he thought with a laugh.

Lucy caught his silly laugh and met his weary eyes again, "What?" she smiled as she cupped her hand over his red cheek.

"Nothing," he looked away, embarrassed to be caught with such a foolish look on his face.

"I think this will leave a mark in the morning, it'll probably hurt for a while," she stood up and reached her hand out to Natsu to help him stand. "Gray really beat you hard, didn't he?" she teased.

"I could beat the hell out of that bastard with both hands tied around my back! No droopy-eyed stripper could take me down!" he triumphantly raised his fist and grinned as he jumped up from the bench a little too fast. The whole world spun around in his head and he had to steady himself by grabbing onto Lucy again.

"Some things never change, I guess," Lucy sighed as she put Natsu's arm around her neck.

When Lucy was finally able so stumble into her apartment with Natsu drooling on her shoulder she quickly laid him down on the bed. '
I regret promising him he could sleep in my bed, but a promise is a promise, even if he doesn't remember it.'
She saw his soaked pants and vest and started removing them before the entire bed started smelling like booze.