enough of enough

This one-shot is by perfectlyhappy on deviantart

Lucy had been the new girl, but that had been months ago. So why were people still picking on her? Natsu had been a bystander, but he's sick of seeing her cry. Enough is enough.

{Enough is enough, and you're enough for me}

"Goodbye Lucy!" Her mother Layla called happily, waving her dried cloth, biding her precious daughter goodbye.

"Bye!" Lucy waved back, flashing her mother a dazzling smile. She turned forward, beginning her trek towards school. A light coat of snow danced down onto her uniform, causing her to shiver in delight. She always loved the cold.

She smiled softly at the frosted grounds, walking with her head lowered. She readjusted her backpack straps, humming to herself quietly.

She knew what was awaiting her at Fairy Tail. Levy, a new book, and them.

But she didn't worry about them. Not really. She'd be able to handle their teases, she did everyday after all.

She knew it was bound to happen. She knew it was innocent. But she had enrolled almost four months ago. Isn't it time to just forget about her? Leave her alone and go on with their lives?

She had only made one friend really, Levy McGarden. She didn't mind it though, as long as she had someone , she'd make it. She was happy.

"Whoops." She heard a snicker as she tumbled to the icy ground, her palms stinging as blood welled from the scrape.

"I'm so sorry Lucky Lucy." She heard Karen guffaw at the fake sincerity the boy used. Lucy held in her sigh, blinking quickly to get rid of her tears before she looked up.

"It's fine Siegrain." Lucy reassured, forcing a smile. She quickly gathered her books, forgetting entirely of her bloodied hands as she stood up correctly, smiling at the blue headed male in front of her.

"Now Lucky Lucy, want me to take you to the nurse for your hands? It's the least I can do." He smirked, an intentional glint dark in his eyes.

"Thank you for the offer but no thanks." Lucy said politely, spotting Levy. She quietly started to edge away, only to bump into someone from behind. She turned around to see Minerva grinning at her.

"While there you might want to check on your face dear, it seems damaged." Minerva snickered.

"Now Minnie be nice! Some people are just born ugly is all!" Karen fake scolded, smirking with the other girl. Lucy's eyes widened slightly though she stopped herself quickly, trying not to show any emotions to provoke them with.

"Excuse me, but I have to go now." Lucy said quietly, head bowed.

"Aw look you hurt her feelings! Go on now Lucky Lucy, we'll see you at gym." Siegrain said, feigning a friendly smile, his cold eyes giving him away. Lucy conjured up a smile, bowing politely before making her way over to Levy.

"Lu-chan are you-what happened?" Levy gasped in surprise, noticing her friend's dirtied clothes.

"I-ah-slipped and fell, Levy-chan." Lucy smiled sheepishly, making sure to close her eyes so she didn't give herself away.

"Cut the crap," Levy deadpanned, obviously not believing her. "It was those bastards again, wasn't it?" She seethed in anger, tensed and ready to go pick a fight with them.

"N-No-well-yes..but please don't do anything!" Lucy pleaded, grabbing Levy's shoulder when she whipped around, eyes blazing.

"And why the hell shouldn't I? I can teach them to mess with my friends!" Levy growled.