happy birthday, Luce!

This one-shot is by FairyTailLover01 on deviantart

Lucy's POV:

July 1, X777

I don't think anyone would remember. Today is my birthday... Happy birthday to me... Heh... You're the only one who remembers, Mama. Not the maids or the butlers. Not even Papa... Mama, why did you leave me? I know your up in the clouds somewhere, I know you're there. Mama, I miss you. I know if you were still here, you would be the first person to greet me. As an only child, you didn't spoil me, but you gave me the greatest gift of all. Mama, you gave me attention. Before you passed, all your thoughts would be on me. Not anyone else, Mama. Only you. Mama, I wish you the best in the sky. If I get a chance to see you again, that will be the best gift for my 11th birthday. Mama, thank you.

Love your daughter, Lucy.

. . . .

Natsu's POV:

I ran into the guild hoping I would find Lucy. Today's her birthday, and I couldn't think of ANYTHING better than what I got her.

"Luce!" I called into the guild when I ran in the velvet doors.

Everyone in the guild looked at me; the same way they would always look at me when I did something stupid.

And I realized that I fucked up.

I looked at the bar, with Mirajane in the back of the bar, with Lucy sitting at the bar with her head down, arms crossed in front of her head with her silky blond hair falling down her head. There was vibe in the air just telling me not to bother her, but I did; when I entered into the guild.

After a moment of silence, everyone had gotten back to their old ways, laughing and being cheerful, drunk and all. I noticed everyone just being ... them. Not even knowing that it is Lucy's birthday. Am I the only one who remembers? Ugh, and they're the ones always calling me the idiot. I'm pretty sure they know, they were just telling me that they were gonna greet Lucy today!

"Luce?" I asked and sat beside her in one of the bar chairs. She looked up at me, and she was a mess. The front of her hair was frizzed up and her eyes had the black rings that I always have when I have motion-sickness. Her eyes had a scary feel to it. She was squinting at me for a long and hard time. Her mouth didn't have that usual grin that was always shown through every moment; whether it was either a good or bad moment. I looked at Mira, who shook her head signaling me not to bother her.

Well, fuck that! If Luce is sad, then I'm gonna cheer her up. If she's happy, I'm gonna make her even more happy. Luce is mine. No one is going to hurt her, especially on her birthday.

She finally opened her mouth. "Go away." Her voice sounded raspy at the same time, there was a tiny amount of fear in her words. I could tell, someone hurt her.

"Who hurt you." I asked her. I didn't shudder, but she looked at me her eyes having hope. But then that feeling went away and she shook her head. "No, Natsu." She told me. "I'm not letting you get involved."

That made me stand up. I looked down at her blond head and spoke up and bit more. "Who. Hurt. You." I asked again.

"Go away, Natsu." She commanded.

"Lucy, if you don't tell me right now, I will go on a fucking rampage." I spoke. By this time, the whole guild was looking at me. No one would dare to speak when I'm like this. The ground shook as I stomped on the floor. I waited for Lucy's answer. "No, Natsu. I won't tell you."

My eyes fired up, and little bits of fire formed on my fingertips. I heard guild members talking, but I didn't even dare just to listen. My eyes were focused on Lucy, and only Lucy. My grin soon turned into a mean frown and I was ready to stomp out the guild.